Cody Asche

Former Husker Cody Asche could benefit from this weeks MLB trade deadline.

Cody Asche, 3B, Phillies: Maikel Franco gets more publicity among Philadelphia third-base prospects, but Asche will get the first shot at replacing Young. Asche is capable of hitting .275 with five homers and 25 RBI over the final two months.

Other prospects who could benefit.

Asche is having a solid season at AAA Lehigh Valley. His defense is being questioned by scouts, but his offensive numbers have been good. Just hit his 13 HR tonight. Franco got promoted to AA this season and his hitting lights out. He is very slow, however. Doesn't have much range at 3B. Asche should be called up before Franco. Phillies suck right now so they need something. If it wasn't for Darin and Frandsen tonight, the Tigers would have pitched a no hitter.

One of Asche's team mates at Lehigh Valley earlier this year, Jake Diekman, was called up earlier and has done a pretty good job in relief. Jake is a Wymore native and at looking at his line, it seems he has overcome his control issues. I hope Cody can deliver too when he gets the call.

Cody is getting the call up. Sounds like he is going to take over for Young at 3B. Phillies aren't happy with Young. He has a no trade clause and the only team he is willing to be traded to is Texas. So, I guess they are moving on without him, will probably see some pine time.

Cody is getting the call up. Sounds like he is going to take over for Young at 3B. Phillies aren't happy with Young. He has a no trade clause and the only team he is willing to be traded to is Texas. So, I guess they are moving on without him, will probably see some pine time.

Not true. They moved Young to 1B and put my bro in LF for tonights game. Also said Asche might get OF time. They like the presence of Young in the clubhouse. Young will still get A LOT of time at 3B if something drastic doesn't happen between now and the trade deadline.

Phillies need veteran leadership with all the young guys they have playing right now: Darin, Asche, Susdorf, Domonic Brown, Jon Pettibone. Young is one of the best on the team for that from what I hear, which is why they like him.

Not true. They moved Young to 1B and put my bro in LF for tonights game. Also said Asche might get OF time. They like the presence of Young in the clubhouse. Young will still get A LOT of time at 3B if something drastic doesn't happen between now and the trade deadline.

Phillies need veteran leadership with all the young guys they have playing right now: Darin, Asche, Susdorf, Domonic Brown, Jon Pettibone. Young is one of the best on the team for that from what I hear, which is why they like him.

Not saying they dont like him, but they really want to move him and he is stoning everything theyve tried to do b/c hasnt been a Rangers trade.

Not saying they dont like him, but they really want to move him and he is stoning everything theyve tried to do b/c hasnt been a Rangers trade.

My guess he is gone at the end of the year. Phillies GM said tonight its time to prepare for the future and that means giving young guys their opportunity.

He was willing to waive his no-trade clause to the Yankees. He was also willing to go to Boston.

I don't think they wanted to move him that bad.

Greg Ortiz@GregWOWT 1h

Darin Ruf and Cody Asche both hit home runs for the Phillies today. Former @gocreighton and @Huskers tearing it up in MLB!

Rob Anderson@_robanderson 1h

@gregwowt @LeftyShamus Today is first time that ex-Nebraska & ex-Creighton players HR in same game since 6/3/99 (K. Jordan & S. Servais).

First of Asches career.

Great to hear. Hope they both get of Philly though.