UCLA Game worries

With all the hype about the upcoming UCLA game, I am a bit worried...

All this build up to the game, reminds me of the '10 game against Texas. All the craziness going in, the chance to show the nation we're the real deal, and then sh*tting the proverbial bed.

Believe me, I would love to be wrong about all of this, and have our guys absolutely obliterate them in front of a national audience, but there's just some trepidation about that game...

• Fire 1

I think if we win that game semi-handedly, then we go undefeated and head to the B1G championship. And if we lose, I see us losing to NW, Michigan and another team (Penn State would be my guess) and fall short of a championship. That game may not show us how good our defense can be, but it will show us whether we'll be able to compete athletically this year as I think they will have the best athletes we'll see the whole regular season. I predict we win, but if it's close and they expose our D athletically, then teams like Illinois could be teams to worry about.

I think if we win that game semi-handedly, then we go undefeated and head to the B1G championship. And if we lose, I see us losing to NW, Michigan and another team (Penn State would be my guess) and fall short of a championship. That game may not show us how good our defense can be, but it will show us whether we'll be able to compete athletically this year as I think they will have the best athletes we'll see the whole regular season. I predict we win, but if it's close and they expose our D athletically, then teams like Illinois could be teams to worry about.

If we're worrying about Illinois, then we better worry about who will replace Pelini as head coach.

No Texas vibe. There was pure hate for what the Longhorns had gotten by with in the CCG. We wanted revenge. We wanted blood. We wanted it too much. And not as a fan base. I get the feeling that our guys played too tight. Our receivers evidenced that with their drops.

Sure, we want to beat UCLA. But other than the alt uniforms and this being our biggest game of the pre conference slate, there is nothing out of the ordinary as far as emotion or extra motivation.

• Fire 3

All the hype over the Texas game really had me worried, totally set ourselves up to crap the bed. But I just don't see that here. People see it as a key game and we are busting-out the alt-uniforms. I'm sure there will be nerves. But I haven't seen nearly the build-up and animosity that we saw going into the Texas game. That was just nuts.