IF Bo was fired (for those of you who want that) whats your plan?

Some people tend to think we can do better than Bo and that Bo should be fired or be on the hot seat. This should be his last chance, he isn't the right coach, he has reached his peak, etc.

I'm not one to judge you, but I was wondering if anyone had a well thought out plan for what they (realistically) hope would happen if Bo was let go either during or after the season?

How does this affect the team? transfers? current staff? recruiting?

Who do we hire? Who wants to come here after following a coach that is the primary model of consistency? Nebraska guy? Someone who isn't willing to sacrifice morals to win?

I think these are some of the answers people need to answer before being ready to fire Bo.

And, since I know someone is going to say it - IF Bo was hired away, which is completely possible because NFL people have a much higher view of Bo than a portion of Nebraska fans - that would be completely different than him being fired. (More candidates would be willing to step forward because they aren't scared of being fired for being consistently good but not great, it is a smoother transition period, typically more of the staff stays, which means recruiting doesn't take as big of a hit.)

So, without further ado, what would be your plan? (For those of you in the fire/on the fence about keeping Bo crowd)

Here_we_go_again.jpg

Here we go again? I don't think I've -EVER- seen a post on here similar to this.

I'm not asking if you think Bo should be fired, why or why not, etc. I have targeted a select group (THE FIRE BO CROWD) and asked them what they plan to do to right the ship after firing Bo - and presented them with concerns that could be very realistic after firing Bo. Staff, recruiting, hiring a coach to take over for a very consistent program, etc. And their thoughts.

Once again, I am asking for a SPECIFIC plan. Not "do you think he should/will be fired" but what would YOU DO, after we fired him.

To clarify my intention, a lot of the fire Bo crowd is "Bo isn't doing enough. He needs to go." I am trying to find the information that follows that up.

So Bo is gone, what do you do next?

Who are your coaching targets (that are realistic)? Assistant coaches? Are they fired? Do they stay? What is the plan for recruiting? You'd have to rebuild the recruiting class. Do you try to hire a recruiting expert just because you have to rebuild this class? Do players transfer? How do you deal with that?

Once again, I am asking for a SPECIFIC plan. Not "do you think he should/will be fired" but what would YOU DO, after we fired him.

To clarify my intention, a lot of the fire Bo crowd is "Bo isn't doing enough. He needs to go." I am trying to find the information that follows that up.

So Bo is gone, what do you do next?

Who are your coaching targets (that are realistic)? Assistant coaches? Are they fired? Do they stay? What is the plan for recruiting? You'd have to rebuild the recruiting class. Do you try to hire a recruiting expert just because you have to rebuild this class? Do players transfer? How do you deal with that?

Do you honestly think this thread will have a discussion that dissimilar to those threads? Other coaches have been discussed, the reasons for firing Pelini, the reasons for keeping him, etc. What do you think people are going to talk about here? :D

For instance.

"I think Bo should be fired."

I realize most coaches wouldn't come here after firing a successful coach, so we would have to look at coaches in lower tier conferences and/or first time head coaches. In my dream world, after firing Bo, I would try to test the pool by bringing in David Cutcliffe, Willie Taggart, Hudspeth and finally Scott Frost dependent on how he does as O coordinator next year for Oregon. Ideally, I'd love to land someone like Kirby Smart, but Nebraska probably won't pay the money necessary and he has it pretty kush at BAMA. As far as proven head coaches, I don't see the market being huge. Maybe we can entice a middle of the pack HC, but no one top of the line. Does this change our future? I hope so, we need something new. After 5 years Pelini hasn't done anything significant, so we needed fresh blood.

I also realize that this may affect the staff. Depending on who we hire, it also affects our offense and defense. Papuchis is probably out, who knows If Beck and TJ Stay - considering they had other job offers this past season. So we might as well say Beck, TJ, and Pap are as good as gone. I'd like to hire someone like Mark Stoops as our D coordinator, and maybe promote Rich Fisher to O coordinator or Barney Cotton, dependent on who our head coach is. If our head coach is known for a brilliant offensive mind - lets hire a brilliant D coordinator. I'm not sure what we would do with the rest of our positions, as that is really up to our head coach.

Now, I realize this all affects our team as well. We will probably have some decommits and we will probably have some transfers. Do Johnny Stanton and Tommy A. stay? What about Adam Taylor? Courtney Love? VV? Who stays who goes? Most of our roster is young so they could afford to give up a year of eligibility to play for a proven program. Finally, by losing our best 3 recruiters, I would say we would lose a majority of our current class. I would like to try and hire someone like Tosh Lupoi, possibly, because he is known for being a recruiting guru to help bridge the gap of the transition.

Finally, I'd have to have realistic expectations for having a 1st time HC, who will learn on the job once again, so I'd imagine we take a step back AGAIN, before we take a step forward.

^ That is what I was looking for. Not a list of headcoaches we should go after. But thought out discourse of what would happen after he was fired and what people expect to see. I doubt many of the fire Bo crowd realize we will suck (for real) again before we are consistently good. We lose coaching, recruits, and players and probably win something like 5 or 6 games, and then we have to deal with rebuilding our brand AGAIN and re-establishing ties in recruiting areas.

Why are we having all these "Bo fired" conversations a few f'ing' weeks before the season kicks off? It's f'ing' stupid. Let the man coach his season, and after we go 9-4 again this year, let the conversations commence as usual. But seriously, three or four different threads discussing Bo's job security all popping up a month from kickoff? f'ing' dumb.

• Fire 2

Why are we having all these "Bo fired" conversations a few f'ing' weeks before the season kicks off? It's f'ing' stupid. Let the man coach his season, and after we go 9-4 again this year, let the conversations commence as usual. But seriously, three or four different threads discussing Bo's job security all popping up a month from kickoff? f'ing' dumb.

I don't want Bo fired and in fact, this is to encourage those who do, to rethink that assessment, because I get the feeling those who do - don't know what kind of sh#t storm they are in for if he is fired.