2013 NFL Discussion Thread

Mavric

Less than a month to the start of the "other" kind of football.

Mainly wanted to brag a little as I'll be in attendance at the first NFL game of the year as my Broncos host the Ravens on Thursday Night Football. I hear the Broncos may have worked on their end of game defense at some point during the off-season.

The Huskers have been represented in 20 straight Super Bowls. I'd say Amukamara & J. Brown (Giants), Bradley (Broncos), Crick (Texans) and Koch (Ravens) have the best chance of continuing the streak.

Didn't realize until I was looking at the list the the Redskins have 5 former Huskers - Carriker, Compton, Gomes, Helu and Paul.

My early predicitons:

AFC East - Patriots

AFC North - Steelers

AFC South - Texans

AFC West - Broncos

Wildcards - Colts, Ravens

NFC East - Cowboys

NFC North - Packers

NFC South - Falcons

NFC West - Seahawks

Wildcards - Bears, 49ers

Redskins, Vikings, and Bengals are the playoff teams from last year that will miss the playoffs this year.

I could be way off in the NFC, but the AFC seems fairly predictable. The AFC South is between Houston and Indy, and the North is a bit of a toss up, but the East and West are locks. On the NFC side all the divisions are kind of up for grabs. Saints could sneak up and take the South, Packers aren't necessarily a lock, East is a crap shoot, and the West is between Seattle and San Fran.

My early predicitons:

AFC East - Patriots

AFC North - Steelers

AFC South - Texans

AFC West - Broncos

NFC East - Cowboys

NFC North - Packers

NFC South - Falcons

NFC West - Seahawks

Wildcards - Bears, 49ers

Redskins, Vikings, and Bengals are the playoff teams from last year that will miss the playoffs this year.

As a Steelers fan, it pains me to say that this year, I believe, the division belongs to the Ravens or Bengals. I just don't think Pittsburgh has done enough to upgrade either side of the ball.

My early predicitons:

AFC East - Patriots

AFC North - Steelers

AFC South - Texans

AFC West - Broncos

NFC East - Cowboys

NFC North - Packers

NFC South - Falcons

NFC West - Seahawks

Wildcards - Bears, 49ers

As a Steelers fan, it pains me to say that this year, I believe, the division belongs to the Ravens or Bengals. I just don't think Pittsburgh has done enough to upgrade either side of the ball.

I'm with you, I think the Bengals take the North this season. We're kind of in a rebuilding mode right now, with alot of questions on the OL and someone needs to step up and take Wallaces' spot.

Stat on ESPN today said the Steelers ranked 23rd in the NFL in plays of 30+ yds, that's going to have to improve.

Yeah I agree with you, I don't think the Steelers will show any significant improvement, but they might not have to. If I trusted the Bengals, I would pick them to win the division, but I don't. And I think the Ravens will take a step back this season.

Edit: the Bengals are the team I want to win it, but like I said, I just don't trust them yet.

AFC East - Patriots

AFC North - Ravens/Bengals

AFC South - Texans

AFC West - Broncos

Wildcards - Colts, Ravens/Bengals

NFC East - Not the Cowboys (Always find a way to choke)

NFC North - Packers

NFC South - Falcons

NFC West - Seahawks

Wildcards - Saints, 49ers

My early predicitons:

AFC East - Patriots

AFC North - Steelers

AFC South - Texans

AFC West - Broncos

NFC East - Cowboys

NFC North - Packers

NFC South - Falcons

NFC West - Seahawks

Wildcards - Bears, 49ers

I'm with you, I think the Bengals take the North this season. We're kind of in a rebuilding mode right now, with alot of questions on the OL and someone needs to step up and take Wallaces' spot.

Stat on ESPN today said the Steelers ranked 23rd in the NFL in plays of 30+ yds, that's going to have to improve.

It won't help that Plaxico Burress went out without a bang...

• Fire 2