***2015 Recruiting***

I'd say so far, so good.

You ain't kidding. First time we've had this many, this early - let alone 2 potential top 100-250 recruits. Is Warren the CO connection? Add in spring game and we might have half a class going into the season. Think this is Els finally getting his recruiting plan in motion?

Or is it the added benefit of a new non-coach recruiting coordinator position and more dedication towards the money and resources needed to be successful?

What do we know about this position(s) and who has filled them and what they have done since being filled and what additional resources and money have been allocated?

I ask this seriously. not argumentatively. I know the position(s) were going to be created and filled but I did not hear when or who has taken the helm.

I know that one position has been filled, although I am not sure if they are already active or not.

I also know that our coaches currently have access to four separate private planes simultaneously on the recruiting trail which is a first ever.

• Fire 1

Pelini needs that 1 top 5-10 class that's eluded him. We've always said top 25 classes with a great one sprinkled in there every 4-5 years is going to be the recipe for NU. Maybe 15' will be it. He's gotta win this year though.

Do you mean top 5-10 before the players step on the field or top 5-10 once the players show production?

generally speaking the 2 are pretty correlated, so take your pick.

I'd say so far, so good.

You ain't kidding. First time we've had this many, this early - let alone 2 potential top 100-250 recruits. Is Warren the CO connection? Add in spring game and we might have half a class going into the season. Think this is Els finally getting his recruiting plan in motion?

Or is it the added benefit of a new non-coach recruiting coordinator position and more dedication towards the money and resources needed to be successful?

What do we know about this position(s) and who has filled them and what they have done since being filled and what additional resources and money have been allocated?

I ask this seriously. not argumentatively. I know the position(s) were going to be created and filled but I did not hear when or who has taken the helm.

I know that one position has been filled, although I am not sure if they are already active or not.

I also know that our coaches currently have access to four separate private planes simultaneously on the recruiting trail which is a first ever.

I also heard this, and I think it directly correlates with our big late haul. Coaches were all over the place every day!

Pelini needs that 1 top 5-10 class that's eluded him. We've always said top 25 classes with a great one sprinkled in there every 4-5 years is going to be the recipe for NU. Maybe 15' will be it. He's gotta win this year though.

Last years class was ranked as high as #11. But this is highly unlikely unless Nebraska, SD, Iowa, Kansas, Colorado high school football talent starts matching that of Texas, Cali, and the deep southern states.

Last years class was ranked as high as #11. But this is highly unlikely unless Nebraska, SD, Iowa, Kansas, Colorado high school football talent starts matching that of Texas, Cali, and the deep southern states.

I don't think it's entirely unlikely. Having a #3 ranked team is pretty unlikely, but having a #7 or #8 ranked is certainly possible. Just getting a class into that 2nd tier could really go a long ways towards getting him over the hump. It's kind of a chicken/egg thing, but I think he needs one before we can get much past the 10 win mark.

I don't think it's entirely unlikely. Having a #3 ranked team is pretty unlikely, but having a #7 or #8 ranked is certainly possible. Just getting a class into that 2nd tier could really go a long ways towards getting him over the hump. It's kind of a chicken/egg thing, but I think he needs one before we can get much past the 10 win mark.

The 2015 class has some serious potential due to the fact there is a TON of talent in the "500 mile radius". But highly unlikely we will get a top10 class because it will be lower in numbers. The last 3 classes (including this years), have the talent to get 10+ wins.

I like how we have handled the QB position in the 2014 class. We honored the scholarship to a kid that either could be really good or not be able to play. We also brought in a kid that can either be really good at QB or be switched to WR if that doesn't work out.

However, I think it is imperative that we get a top QB in 2015. That has to be a very big priority for that class.

I really like the potential that we have for bringing in some really good defensive players both in the back field(already committed) and D line (Good chance of committing). We also seem to have a really good chance with some top OL recruits.

I already am excited for the 2015 recruiting season.

• Fire 1

Generally speaking, I think taking one in each class. That way if you miss a year or someone doesn't work out you should still be in good shape. However, if there was a year to miss, it would be this year. We'll have 3-4 scholarship QBs on campus, none of which will be older than a Sophomore. I think we look and go after the best couple guys we like but if we don't get one in this class - especially with it being a smaller class - I'm not going to be too worried.

I like how we have handled the QB position in the 2014 class. We honored the scholarship to a kid that either could be really good or not be able to play. We also brought in a kid that can either be really good at QB or be switched to WR if that doesn't work out.

However, I think it is imperative that we get a top QB in 2015. That has to be a very big priority for that class.

I really like the potential that we have for bringing in some really good defensive players both in the back field(already committed) and D line (Good chance of committing). We also seem to have a really good chance with some top OL recruits.

I already am excited for the 2015 recruiting season.

FYI Buster, we're in early on a kid from KS for the 2015 cycle, Alex Delton. He's a dual threat QB out of KS that only lists a KSU offer at this point, but already visited us last year for that DREADFUL MSU game. Still great to get him on campus and some gameday exposure that early though.

There must some good level of interest there though if he came up on his own dime as a junior.

Watched his film. Seems to be a really decent quarterback and I think he's got a TON of potential in our system. His HS offense was pretty similar to ours, though they ran a lot of option out of the veer. But it's a plus he's already got option experience, and they did have quite a bit of zone read in there too. He's got really good wiggle on the option. At first I didn't think he was a real burner running it, but his junior highlights show him breaking away more than he did in the sophomore film, and apparently he ran a 4.43 at KSU's camp where they ended up offering. So he's working on that extra gear. As for the arm... really impressive for a HS kid. Obviously not a Peyton Manning or Luck type that can just set in the pocket a scorch lasers all over the field, but film shows pretty damn good accuracy on the longer throws. One thing that really impressed me was his ability to throw on the run. Against the grain, rolling out to his right... kid had excellent touch on the ball when rolling out or scrambling. Doesn't have that deer in the headlights look under pressure... very decisive when things break down.

Coaches have him at the top of our QB board for next year, and with good reason. Kid's a baller and would fit what Beck wants in a QB to a tee.

Now, if we could just dedicate a staff position to having someone be on "Beck-head-in-rear-end" watch at all times, this offense could really take off... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C4SWaix428

Generally speaking, I think taking one in each class. That way if you miss a year or someone doesn't work out you should still be in good shape. However, if there was a year to miss, it would be this year. We'll have 3-4 scholarship QBs on campus, none of which will be older than a Sophomore. I think we look and go after the best couple guys we like but if we don't get one in this class - especially with it being a smaller class - I'm not going to be too worried.

We'll know a lot more by about October. We have 3-4 right now. A lot can happen. Darlington's status could be different. Armstrong might not make the jump we need him to. Stanton is still unproven. While we have a lot of QBs on the roster, we don't know much about 3 of them, and 1 of them was underwhelming the vast majority of the time. We need a lot to go our way before I'm no longer worried about the QB position.

That's fine. But all that will do is give us another QB that we basically know nothing about - at least no more than the four guys we have now.

I said I'd rather take one each year. But given that we might only have 13-14 in this next class and won't lose a QB for three more years, if there was a year to miss one, it would be this year. We need 1 RB, probably 3-4 WRs depending on how this class finishes out, at least 3 OL (four is better), probably 3 DL, 1-2 LBs and 3-4 DBs. That's 14 on the low side, 18 on the high side without a QB. If we get one we really like, great. But if we miss out on a couple guys we really want, I'm fine with passing.

That's fine. But all that will do is give us another QB that we basically know nothing about - at least no more than the four guys we have now.

I said I'd rather take one each year. But given that we might only have 13-14 in this next class and won't lose a QB for three more years, if there was a year to miss one, it would be this year. We need 1 RB, probably 3-4 WRs depending on how this class finishes out, at least 3 OL (four is better), probably 3 DL, 1-2 LBs and 3-4 DBs. That's 14 on the low side, 18 on the high side without a QB. If we get one we really like, great. But if we miss out on a couple guys we really want, I'm fine with passing.

Would you take Delton?