***2015 Recruiting***

Internet speculation on how many commits we'll take by position - looking at 16-20 in this class:

QB - 1

RB - 1 (Bussey currently committed)

FB - Chandler Cox or none

WR - 2-3

TE - 0-1

OL - 3-4 (Gaylord committed)

DL - 3-4

LB - 2

DB - 3-4 (Lee and Anderson committed)

I hope we take 5 total DBs. We are in dire need of pure numbers here IMO. Not that we don't have proper numbers but more that we aren't sure of what we have with those numbers. Getting a good year out of the younger guys next year would alleviate some if my concerns but I'd like to see us take a minimum of 4 next year.

I hope we take 5 total DBs. We are in dire need of pure numbers here IMO. Not that we don't have proper numbers but more that we aren't sure of what we have with those numbers. Getting a good year out of the younger guys next year would alleviate some if my concerns but I'd like to see us take a minimum of 4 next year.

I guess I don't think we're in that bad of shape. We took four two years ago and five this year - one JUCO - and only lose three. I think we're in really good shape at Safety with Alexander and Gerry still having three years to play. We already have two corners committed so 1-2 more should be good.

If we're on the lower end of the range, I don't think we take almost 1/3 of the class at DB.

I guess I don't think we're in that bad of shape. We took four two years ago and five this year - one JUCO - and only lose three. I think we're in really good shape at Safety with Alexander and Gerry still having three years to play. We already have two corners committed so 1-2 more should be good.

If we're on the lower end of the range, I don't think we take almost 1/3 of the class at DB.

Don't forget mr. Singleton.

Don't forget mr. Singleton.

Agree. I think we have other guys who could also be good. But those are the two we've already seen play and play well.

With Bell and Turner leaving after this upcoming season, I hope the staff goes after at least 1 stud WR this recruiting cycle

Potential 2015 WR lineup

1. Westerkamp

2. Alonzo moore/ Brandon Reilly

3. 2015 stud recruit/ Gladney/ Taariq allen/ harrison (if he stays)

I see westerkamp in the slot with pierson-el/stewart/irons backup. And it could be a number of people at the outside receiver spots. If I had to guess I would say Moore and Harrison.

I think Westerkamp might end up outside. He's not as big as Enunwa but he's similar in size to Bell. And we seem to be stockpiling shorter, quicker guys to run in the slot.

Westerkamp on one side as the possession guy who catches everything. A big target on the other side - Harrison (hopefully) Allen, Burtch, Moore - even Tolbert. And a bunch of blazers in the slot - Irons, Pierson-El, Stewart (possibly). Plus Gladney in there somewhere.

Kareem McDonald @TheRealKareem9: UMD, NEBRASKA, CLEMSON, KENTUCKY, TEMPLE #TOP5

We are in the top 5 for this DC area LB.

http://sports.yahoo....McDonald-150350

Guess with Toledo's offer, Maryland is no longer in play (or at least in his top 5), though it seems fluid. Will be interesting to see if/when JP sends out an offer to this LB. He has not been playing long but has been doing work. Looking forward to Kareem and Adam McLean making their way west for BRW.

®#⃣9⃣〽️@TheRealKareem9 10h

New Top 5: Toledo, Nebraska, Kentucky, Temple, Arizona!

Free 247 article looks at SEC offers in state vs. out of state.

HIGHEST PERCENTAGE OF IN-STATE OFFERS

1. Texas A&M -- 26 of 64 offers: 40.1%

2. Florida -- 58 of 147: 39.4%

3. Georgia -- 24 of 87: 27.5%

4. LSU -- 13 of 98: 13.2%

t5. Missouri -- 9 of 70: 12.9%

t5. Vanderbilt -- 17 of 131: 12.9%

7. Mississippi State -- 18 of 173: 10.4%

8. Ole Miss -- 15 of 165: 9.1%

9. South Carolina -- 9 of 107: 8.4%

10. Arkansas -- 7 of 85: 8.2%

11. Tennessee -- 16 of 197: 8.1%

12. Alabama -- 11 of 145: 7.6%

13. Auburn -- 8 of 120: 6.7%

14. Kentucky -- 4 of 170: 2.4%

For comparison, Nebraska is currently at 0.9% (1 out of 104)

Free 247 article looks at SEC offers in state vs. out of state.

HIGHEST PERCENTAGE OF IN-STATE OFFERS

1. Texas A&M -- 26 of 64 offers: 40.1%

2. Florida -- 58 of 147: 39.4%

3. Georgia -- 24 of 87: 27.5%

4. LSU -- 13 of 98: 13.2%

t5. Missouri -- 9 of 70: 12.9%

t5. Vanderbilt -- 17 of 131: 12.9%

7. Mississippi State -- 18 of 173: 10.4%

8. Ole Miss -- 15 of 165: 9.1%

9. South Carolina -- 9 of 107: 8.4%

10. Arkansas -- 7 of 85: 8.2%

11. Tennessee -- 16 of 197: 8.1%

12. Alabama -- 11 of 145: 7.6%

13. Auburn -- 8 of 120: 6.7%

14. Kentucky -- 4 of 170: 2.4%

For comparison, Nebraska is currently at 0.9% (1 out of 104)

For some reason, I only have 97 of the 104 offers on my list (I will have to look to figure out who I am missing). However, here is the breakdown for Nebraska offers by state currently:

1. Florida -- 18

2. California -- 10

3. Texas -- 9

4. Georgia -- 6

t5. Illinois -- 5

t5. Louisaina -- 5

t5. Missouri -- 5

t5. New Jersey -- 5

9. Virginia -- 4

t10. Arizona -- 3

t10. Colorado -- 3

t10. Ohio -- 3