***2015 Recruiting***

Updated projections of recruits in this class. I've combined a couple I've found different places and set the OLine at three which is what we supposedly told one recruit: We've also supposedly told Dillman and Bussey that we were only taking one at their spots.

QB - 1 (Dillman committed)

RB - 1 (Bussey committed)

WR - 2-3

TE - 0-1

OT - 2 (Gaylord committed)

OG - 1

DL - 3-4 (C. Davis and K. Davis committed)

LB - 2-3

CB - 2-3 (Lee and Anderson committed)

S - 2-3

• Fire 1

Took this from a poster on HuskerMax. Don't know if he's genuinely informed or not, but it was an interesting and possibly insightful read:

I think it is a couple things, but I really believe having the coaches recruit their region for 2014 guys last year AS WELL AS 2015 juniors was key. What we had been doing before was splitting up the regions and positions for the current class, but the junior class was handled by one guy. First of all, that's just too much evaluation and relationships for one person, but more than that if you lose him, you will get hurt and not have a kid commit for a very long time as you have to try and build back up the rapport (Vince Marrow leaving).

For example, Fisher is our California guy and got in on Dillman early. When the "love" was reciprocated he brought Beck to the table where both of them developed the relationship with the player. Our regional recruiter discovered him, passed him to his position coach, and they both recruited him from there.

I think even though we have had a late finish to some of our classes, that was also a good thing. Guys like Vincent Valentine, Maleik Collins, Nick Gates were all guys where either our perseverance paid off, or we were able to watch a kids development over his senior year. If we fill up our class and leave room for 5-6 guys where we can be really selective and see how they mature and see what our needs are after this season, that is a good thing.

http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/showthread.php?59950-Huskers-Among-Nation-s-Top-Classes

• Fire 2

Updated projections of recruits in this class. I've combined a couple I've found different places and set the OLine at three which is what we supposedly told one recruit: We've also supposedly told Dillman and Bussey that we were only taking one at their spots.

WR - 2-3

TE - 0-1

OG - 1

LB - 2-3

S - 2-3

Nice work, Mav.

Are Lee and Anderson both surefire safeties? IIRC Anderson was playing some S in the tourney they went to together.

Either way, a lot of our DBs are used interchangeably when they get to campus.

Are Lee and Anderson both surefire safeties? IIRC Anderson was playing some S in the tourney they went to together.

Either way, a lot of our DBs are used interchangeably when they get to campus.

Anderson plays safety for his high school team but we've told him we're going to start him out at corner. Lee is definitely a corner.

Three-Star OT Scott Frantz of Lawrence, KS visited last weekend. No offer yet. Christian Gaylord has been working on him.

Was very impressed with our facilities. Says he's grown a couple inches and added 100 pounds in the last year. His recruitment is really taking off with Miami, Missouri and K St. all offering in the last month. Garrison will be down to visit during the evaluation period and he said NU would be right at the top of his list if he gets an offer.

Three-Star OT Scott Frantz of Lawrence, KS visited last weekend. No offer yet. Christian Gaylord has been working on him.

Was very impressed with our facilities. Says he's grown a couple inches and added 100 pounds in the last year. His recruitment is really taking off with Miami, Missouri and K St. all offering in the last month. Garrison will be down to visit during the evaluation period and he said NU would be right at the top of his list if he gets an offer.

Wow! That has to feel weird trying to get use to all of that extra weight so suddenly.

WR - 2-3

TE - 0-1

OG - 1

LB - 2-3

S - 2-3

I know a recruit said that, but I'll be surprised and disappointed if we only take 3 OL. I know it's a tight class, but that's a position that needs to stay stocked moreso than any position but QB and maybe DT. I also can't see us taking 3 WR after how many we took this year, maybe 2 if Harrison doesn't make it, otherwise we've got bigger needs elsewhere. Anyway, I'd put it about as follows:

1 QB

1 RB

1-2 WR

0-1 TE

4 OL

4-5 DL

2 LB

2-3 CB

2 S

I know a recruit said that, but I'll be surprised and disappointed if we only take 3 OL. I know it's a tight class, but that's a position that needs to stay stocked moreso than any position but QB and maybe DT. I also can't see us taking 3 WR after how many we took this year, maybe 2 if Harrison doesn't make it, otherwise we've got bigger needs elsewhere. Anyway, I'd put it about as follows:

I agree that three is a little light but it probably depends on who we get and what our number ends up being. Right now we have two open spots and 10 seniors. Depending on who gets the last two scholarships, we might be starting with 12 spots for next year. Even if we lose a few, perhaps we get to 16-18 spots. It's tough to have about 25% of your class at one spot. We will have a pretty big class in 2016. Unless we can get a fourth guy we really like, I could see three OL in this class and 5-6 next year including a JUCO or two.

I think two WRs is probably good for this class as well. Even using the lower number for each position is 16 so we're going to have to be a little choosy unless we get a lot of early exits, and I just don't see a lot of candidates to leave.

OL makes up about 23% of the starting positions on a team (5/22), so taking four in a class of 16-18 kids doesn't seem out of proportion at all.

This is especially the case when we finally have a class that lacks any dire needs. Sure, there are some positions we need more than others (DL, DB), but unless something changes drastically by next Feb, we're not desperate at any given position for the first time in years. We've really balanced out our roster with talented young players at this point, allowing for a balanced, if small, 2015 class.

He called Nebraska his dream school, and his goal is to play for Nebraska or Wisconsin. With only one spot left for OT, coaches told him they are being picky with their offers and want to evaluate him more.