Prayers for UCLA - Walk-on Wide Receiver Fatally Killed While Crossing Street

The Duke

Very tragic news coming out of Los Angeles, as 20 year old walk-on freshmen

Nicholas Pasquale, a UCLA wide receiver was fatally struck while crossing the street early this morning.

This obviously will change the tone of next Saturday's game, and thus puts it into perspective that at the end of the day, everything we talk about on this board comes down to one simple thing...it's just a game folks.

From this Husker fan to the UCLA players, coaches, fans, community, and especially for that player's family & friends...we are praying for you, and are so sorry for this tragic loss.

http://losangeles.cb...-struck-by-car/

• Fire 8

Wow...this is horrible. Thoughts going to the family in their time of need.

Maybe because I'm getting old or something, but maybe we could do something a little more somber and low-key for the game Saturday to remind folks that football is secondary to life and that we're all on the same proverbial team?

For example, we could eschew the tunnel walk for this game in favor of a soccer-style entrance where the teams come out side by side to show respect for UCLA in this difficult time? Then everyone meet at the 50 for a moment of silence?

I dunno...normally opposing teams wouldn't give two s**ts about this sort of thing...but we're Nebraska, and our abnouxiously high standards for on the field production are only exceeded by our fan standards for conduct and decorum. :)

Just terrible, I think it would be a very classy move if the stadium gave a moment of silence for him before the game. I don't know how UCLA is going to be able to play or even practice this week.

Good...so I'm not the only one that wants to see us do something nice for UCLA.

• Fire 3