Rumblings from Dallas about the Longhorns

On my way to class this morning the guys on 105.3 the fan broached the subject that Nick Saban was expected to be meeting with some folks in Austin here pretty quick. Granted, I caught very little of the segment as I was running a bit behind and had to hurry in to class. I've searched for a reference from the station and for any form of podcast to validate that I'm not making this up, but to this point I've been unsuccessful. The guys on the station did mention that as of right now they don't have any official evidence either and it's just rumor at this point. I just thought this would be something interesting to keep an eye on.

Seriously guys. Would it really shock anyone that much? Saban already has a track record of leaving a well-built machine to take on the challenge of building another. And Texas has the money. If he's a challenge driven guy as I suspect he is, it wouldnt surprise me one bit that he'd be gettin a tad bored with his success at Bama and would like the challenge of rebuilding a 3rd struggling program into a powerhouse. In fact, it's probably a scary thought. Saban? With that in state talent in his backyard (even moreso than he has now), and in the peeny weeny Big 12? Who's gonna stop him? Stoop? Gundy?

He already has the legacy of doing it with two programs. Why not make it a third? Cement that legacy that frankly will never be matched.