Whole NU staff knows who leaked tape

"...Bo was almost giddy when he found out, but Steve was unsure going forward how they would proceed and whether we would ever be told his identity. He made it sound as though he was a young person with an axe to grind and now could find himself cornered into an awkward position."

Ugh. Anything other than Bo letting this go is a bad move on his part.

All of Husker Nation doesn't like the fact that this guy did what he did. But the real issue here is not what he did, but what Pelini said.

Actually, it's both.

Bo needs to completely let this go in any public way imaginable and let the appropriate people deal with who did it. You know he will never forget it though.

Oh to be clear, it's true that the guy did something wrong. I mean, the real issue for Bo though, is not that he was wronged. It's in how he (used to?) go off at people like that. It is very important that Bo realizes this instead of seeing it as an attack for which he can now retaliate (or take pleasure in the retaliation).

If there are any legal issues with the leaker let the appropriate people take care of that, as you say.

My guess it will change how press meetings are ran. My guess in Bama it will change instantly.

Bo needs to forget about the guy doing it. Water under the bridge, but he needs to remember who caused it, and he needs to correct that as soon as possible.

He has no one to blame but himself.

Again, not a great Bo fan, but I have mentioned several times he has cleaned up his act a lot, shows growth.

It seems like it would be difficult to know this for sure. Are they instead indicating they've narrowed the possibilities to a handful of candidates and focused on someone they think has a motive?

It wouldn't surprise me one bit to find out this person used their business email to send that tape to Deadspin. Someone dumb enough to encourage deadspin to publish that tape as an appropriate reaction to Bo's comment about Frazier would also be dumb enough to send it from work.

"...Bo was almost giddy when he found out, but Steve was unsure going forward how they would proceed and whether we would ever be told his identity. He made it sound as though he was a young person with an axe to grind and now could find himself cornered into an awkward position."

Ugh. Anything other than Bo letting this go is a bad move on his part.

All of Husker Nation doesn't like the fact that this guy did what he did. But the real issue here is not what he did, but what Pelini said.

This ↑

Wouldnt you be excited if you found out who recorded what you perceived as a private conversation and rant? And then released it causing damage to your public personna and grief to your family? I sure would be.

No I agree, it's just the wording and the image I got from it that I found funny. I see Bo looking something like this:

im-so-giddy-i-cant-contain-myself.gif

• Fire 2

It seems like it would be difficult to know this for sure. Are they instead indicating they've narrowed the possibilities to a handful of candidates and focused on someone they think has a motive?

It wouldn't surprise me one bit to find out this person used their business email to send that tape to Deadspin. Someone dumb enough to encourage deadspin to publish that tape as an appropriate reaction to Bo's comment about Frazier would also be dumb enough to send it from work.

Pretty sure Deadspin said it was from some dummy/dupe account

Lazy, dumb, and vindictive. What a triple threat!

Wouldnt you be excited if you found out who recorded what you perceived as a private conversation and rant? And then released it causing damage to your public personna and grief to your family? I sure would be.

No I agree, it's just the wording and the image I got from it that I found funny. I see Bo looking something like this:

im-so-giddy-i-cant-contain-myself.gif

I get ya now. Giddy. Funny.

Pretty sure Deadspin said it was from some dummy/dupe account

Could have been sent from work, and they'd know.

It's not much of a theory, I'll admit.

Well, from a broadcast POV, it would be extremely easy to find out who was in the room that day. The employment records at NRG Media would probably be enough, if it was someone on their staff.

I presume it had to be someone either working the equipment in the same room as Bo or someone on the other end of the link in the control room. Whether they then handed a copy to someone else is a different matter, though. This day and age, there could have been copies all over the place, and this is the first person that felt like trying to crucify Bo, or that had the guts to try.

Also, I would think NU has records of everyone who is or was allowed in those areas on game days. Maybe that's where they figured it out.

In any case, I am glad it's not me. I'd be terrified from here on out, wondering when MY name would come out. This Judas will be exposed eventually, and life could get very ugly for them, very quickly.