2013-2014

I'd say Pitchford is going to be really good.

I am also impressed with Leslee Smith and of course, Tai Webster.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Nick Fuller get some time as a pure shooter.

Then we have Shavon returning as our best player from last year.

Looks pretty promising for the future.

Pitchford better be as good as you guys says he is, I want to see us in the tourney this year!

I'd suggest that we could be a MUCH better team, but possibly not see significant improvement in the final won-loss record. Hope that is not the case, but it's a reality given the schedule and the strength of the league.

I don't know anything about the BIG10 other than it's one of the best conf's.....usually that means they go pretty deep into the conference for Big Dance teams because of the strength of schedule. Anyone know what kind of record or place we'll need to qualify and what our chances might be to achieve that compared to the other likely quality BIG teams?

I don't know anything about the BIG10 other than it's one of the best conf's.....usually that means they go pretty deep into the conference for Big Dance teams because of the strength of schedule. Anyone know what kind of record or place we'll need to qualify and what our chances might be to achieve that compared to the other likely quality BIG teams?

18 wins overall and a 7-9 record in conference play is the absolute minimum that it would take for an at large tourney bid consideration. Our non conference isn't too daunting though, so I'd say we need 20 wins.

Pitchford better be as good as you guys says he is, I want to see us in the tourney this year!

I'd suggest that we could be a MUCH better team, but possibly not see significant improvement in the final won-loss record. Hope that is not the case, but it's a reality given the schedule and the strength of the league.

I'm afraid I have to agree. The next 3-4 wins wouldn't be too tough but after that it gets a lot harder. Over half the conference was ranked in the Top 25 at some point last year so you basically have to be a Top 25 team to be .500 in the conference. I'd love to be wrong but I don't think we're there yet.

I'm afraid I have to agree. The next 3-4 wins wouldn't be too tough but after that it gets a lot harder. Over half the conference was ranked in the Top 25 at some point last year so you basically have to be a Top 25 team to be .500 in the conference. I'd love to be wrong but I don't think we're there yet.

No, we probably are not there yet. Miles is an amazing coach, but one can only do so much with what they have. The top 5 teams in the conference finished ranked, so it's a very tough conference. 6th place Iowa didn't make it with a .500 conference record, but Illinois and Minnesota both made it a 8-10 with good non conference wins. If we take care of business in the non conference and then go .500 in conference we'd be a tourney team, but that might be a bit of a challenge for this team.

Also, who are our likely top seven or eight for playing time?

1G-Webster

1G-Biggs

2G-Gallegos

2G-Fuller

3F-Pettaway

3F-Rivers

3/4F-Shields

4F-Smith

5C/F-Pitchford

I imagine those are your top 8-9

Hawkins and Parker will probably see minutes as well. We are much deeper this year with the exception of the post players. That will be our Achilles heel in the B1G.

Too bad we dont have a true center this season so it could be like this...

1G-Webster

1G-Biggs

2G-Gallegos

2G-Fuller

3F- Shields

3F-Pettaway

4F- Pitchford

4F-Smith

5C -

I think last year we won 16 games.

Does this lineup get us 4 more wins than the last year's team?

If we were playing the same schedule, I think they would have but obviously have no way of proving that.

I have the feeling our schedule is slightly tougher this year.

Yep...I'm drinking the coolaid and pumped for the season.