Could Marvin come back?

I honestly don't know what Marvin Sanders did that required that he had to leave the Husker staff, but, assuming he has done his penance or whatever.... is it possible that he could come back and run the defense?

I am thinking back to when we had Marvin and the DBs played very well during the time he was here. I don't think we've played as well since.

Don't know if that's selective memory on my part or not.

I have never heard anything official on why Marvin Sanders left Nebraska. It's mostly been rumors coming out of people's mouth.

All I know is that he left citing personal and family reasons. I don't see where all the negativity was coming from since if there was any truth to it, USC wouldn't have hired him.

He is currently coaching a high school in Los Angeles. Loyola High School

30 years ago he may not have been fired but in these days of camera phones at every turn, he would be caught doing more improprieties and I doubt very much if the administration would want to revisit that issue. If his penchant for the young stuff was true, it was just a matter of time before he would dip the wick somewhere it legally shouldn't have been.

If his penchant for the young stuff was true, it was just a matter of time before he would dip the wick somewhere it legally shouldn't have been.

Yes, because we know that when someone makes a mistake they will surely go on making that same mistake over and over.

:sarcasm:

:LOLtartar

It would be GREAT for the Blackshirts to have Sanders back on the staff!

• Fire 1

I guess the question is, in what capacity does the OP want Marvin to come back in? Because our current secondary coach, save for our inability to find a consistent safety, has been doing rather well as of late. IMO, the only thing saving us on defense last season was the play of the secondary.

I don't think Marvin has enough experience to be a DC. And while I don't know what Marvin did to force his resignation, posters keep alluding that it was serious, which would suggest that we would see more drama than what was witnessed with the Bo recording should Sanders come back to Lincoln.

I personally wanted to see Marvin Sanders back in the fold as well...but I just don't think it's going to happen anytime soon, if ever.