Shhh gesture to home crowd

JTrain

The really ironic thing is that KB only made the shhhhhh gesture, to nobody in particular, and got flagged for it. He could've gestured to stroke his big boner, flashed a vag sign, and rode off with two birds a blazin and the penalty would've been the same (unless it happened in an $EC game- then kids will be kids). Why do we attract the reffing squads that seem to be the sheltered bookworms of the college football world?

I'm literally taken aback by this post.

Why? Please explain.

My point was that what he did was so minor and innocuous that it should never have been flagged. Players are getting away with much worse behavior than this on a regular basis. Just because some ref is having his period is no reason to give them this kind of latitude in judgement.

The really ironic thing is that KB only made the shhhhhh gesture, to nobody in particular, and got flagged for it. He could've gestured to stroke his big boner, flashed a vag sign, and rode off with two birds a blazin and the penalty would've been the same (unless it happened in an $EC game- then kids will be kids). Why do we attract the reffing squads that seem to be the sheltered bookworms of the college football world?

I'm literally taken aback by this post.

Why? Please explain.

My point was that what he did was so minor and innocuous that it should never have been flagged. Players are getting away with much worse behavior than this on a regular basis. Just because some ref is having his period is no reason to give them this kind of latitude in judgement.

I thought your post was funny. I wasn't disagreeing. But I don't recall ever seeing a post like this on the football board. LoL

I wonder if when, not if, football as we know it turns into flag football, if you'll be allowed to show any emotion at all when you score, or if a variety of groups sue because celebrating is racist, sexist, discriminatory, leads to emotional duress, has been shown in laboratory studies to cause cancer.

Reminds me of this great movie... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2Fp61jJcIs

94 replies?! Need to start more drunk threads.

There are a couple people here saying players do that to the home crowd all the time. I have never seen that. The only times I've seen it done are to the opposing fans (usually at an away game). I was confused. I was skimming the game thread after the game and saw Zoogies mention Davison giggling after the celebration. Davison makes references to inside jokes a lot so I thought maybe he knew what the meaning behind the celebration was.

A couple weeks ago during Audioleakgate, I made the horrific mistake of looking at a bunch of the players' Twitter and seeing lots of ugly back and forth with the fans. So there was part of me that thought it was a silencing the critics type deal-- the critics in this instance being the home fans over the last few weeks. But my prevailing theory was and still is that he just thought, "WOW THAT WAS F***ING AWESOME" and then did the first thing that popped into his head, logical or not. Then after a couple seconds he regained composure and switched to the tried and true diamond sign.

But anyway, I see nothing was really resolved here, but it did manage to get people fighting and telling each other to die. So ultimately a pretty standard HB thread.

Still... 94 replies! I consider it a win.

Now, did anyone see what number this was on SC Top 10?

(Oh, and I don't think it should've been a penalty. Duh.)

• Fire 1

I thought your post was funny. I wasn't disagreeing. But I don't recall ever seeing a post like this on the football board. LoL

Haha, I see. Well it did take a perfect storm of circumstances to make it possible. 1- an official had to make the stupid call and 2-the some Nebraska fans had to try to blame KB for it. That's likely why it hasn't occurred before. Well that and I'm a little "off".

If KB can make those type of plays then he deserves to shush the critics

Ya! Shush all 90000 of them POS MF critics. Us against the world! f#*k em all!

I mean clearly, all Husker fans hate this kid.

Where the hell did you get that I think all 90,000 hate this kid or even one of them? The finger to the mouth gesture is shushing the critics, that's how it started. I am saying I don't care how he celebrates if he is going to be making plays like that.

So, it's not "all on him", it's on the anal retentive official

Anal retentive officials seem to be a fact of life these days. They're here and they're not going to go away. Both Kenny and you will have to learn how to deal with them. Good luck to both of you, I hope you guys are up to it.

If KB can make those type of plays then he deserves to shush the critics

Ya! Shush all 90000 of them POS MF critics. Us against the world! f#*k em all!

I mean clearly, all Husker fans hate this kid.

Where the hell did you get that I think all 90,000 hate this kid or even one of them? The finger to the mouth gesture is shushing the critics, that's how it started. I am saying I don't care how he celebrates if he is going to be making plays like that.

It was a joke freak. Who gives a sh#t what he did after the play really. It was dumb, but no big deal

bullsh#t. He should be able to do what he did without getting flag for it.

Your opinion only counts when you are wearing the striped shirt and carrying the yellow flag.

Myself, I don't think it should have been penalized either. But seeing as Bell can 100% control whether he gets a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct after the play, it's all on him.

Don't crowd the line and you'll never have to worry about crossing it...right?

So, it's not "all on him", it's on the anal retentive official

Anal retentive officials seem to be a fact of life these days. They're here and they're not going to go away. Both Kenny and you will have to learn how to deal with them. Good luck to both of you, I hope you guys are up to it.

I never said it wasn't a fact of life and neither my opinion nor yours mean dick in the grand scheme here. I just choose to give Kenny a break on the deal because nobody could've guessed a ref would flag that before it happened. You didn't think it should have been penalized either so I have to question why you're being so belligerent about Kenny learning how to deal with it. I'm sure he won't do the same thing again and has learned from this but, if that finger to the lips is all it takes to draw a penalty, these asshats could throw a flag for virtually anything. What's next? They don't like the way a player drops the ball, or hands it to them, or smiles? I think this is something worth complaining about and not simply accepting it as the way things are because if this is what college football has come to, things need to change. And if this one ref was just overzealous somebody higher up needs to set him straight about what really is unsportsmanlike behavior.

It is just my opinion that Kenny can do this all he wants every time he makes a play like that. I realize that doesn't change the fact that in todays pussified touchy feely world some ref might call it. I'll trade the fifteen yarder for catches like that all day long.

so I have to question why you're being so belligerent about Kenny learning how to deal with it.

Actually, I'm questioning your ability to deal with it. He did what he did, the ref did what he did, you got all wrapped around the axle, I said what I said, you wrapped yourself tighter, I'm letting it go, so the next and final move is yours.