Recruiting Concerns

This isn't the normal complaining about the lack of recruits or days since last recruit. The concern i have is that out of the top 247 (that are uncommitted) on 247 the huskers are only in the top 5 with 3 guys and no one till number 155 (also not projected to be in on any of the 3). This kind of shocked me, i know we rarely get "top" recruits and they like to find diamonds in the rough so to speak, but it seems the larger picture is the huskers may becoming somewhat nationally irrelevant to the top tier H.S. kids.

P.S. I also dont want to hear the argument that the rating agencies don't know what they are talking about, if you look back through the team rankings the teams that recruited the most talented kids are USUALLY in the top 10 or so, if they aren't I think it has to do more with coaching than talent.

This isn't the normal complaining about the lack of recruits or days since last recruit. The concern i have is that out of the top 247 (that are uncommitted) on 247 the huskers are only in the top 5 with 3 guys and no one till number 155 (also not projected to be in on any of the 3). This kind of shocked me, i know we rarely get "top" recruits and they like to find diamonds in the rough so to speak, but it seems the larger picture is the huskers may becoming somewhat nationally irrelevant to the top tier H.S. kids.

P.S. I also dont want to hear the argument that the rating agencies don't know what they are talking about, if you look back through the team rankings the teams that recruited the most talented kids are USUALLY in the top 10 or so, if they aren't I think it has to do more with coaching than talent.

I think a lot of times the services do not update very often. These kids are in the middle of a season and are focusing on other things, plenty of OV's have yet to be taken. I'm not saying that mountains will move but I would predict some shakeup here or there.

• Fire 1

I think a lot of times the services do not update very often. These kids are in the middle of a season and are focusing on other things, plenty of OV's have yet to be taken. I'm not saying that mountains will move but I would predict some shakeup here or there.

Good point, didn't consider that

All is lost. This staff has shown no ability to put together good classes or close late in the year. It's way too late now to finish this class well. They certainly don't have a track record of uncovering a lot of kids before other major programs catch on.

This is the first year that I've seen recruiting nuts start throwing their hands up in the air when we don't have a class they can be proud of half way through the process. And they always turn out to be right. We should probably just fire the staff now while lane kiffin is available or just scrap the program and try hockey.

All is lost. This staff has shown no ability to put together good classes or close late in the year. It's way too late now to finish this class well. They certainly don't have a track record of uncovering a lot of kids before other major programs catch on.

This is the first year that I've seen recruiting nuts start throwing their hands up in the air when we don't have a class they can be proud of half way through the process. And they always turn out to be right. We should probably just fire the staff now while lane kiffin is available or just scrap the program and try hockey.

Thought you were being serious for a second.

It appears recruiting has changed significantly in the last few years. Kids are committing earlier than ever, leaving mostly the kids who mature a lot between their junior and senior years. Our coaches are on to this but we are playing catch up. Schools that haven't been in the hunt are rising to snatch up kids that wouldn't have considered them in the past. I'm thinking of schools like Louisville, Kentucky, Ole Miss, TCU and Baylor. Even Stanford and UCLA have stepped up their game the last 2 or 3 years. While we do well to find a good many kids under the radar, it will be hard to create a championship team unless we get a few "bell cows".

I'm by no means an expert, but I've followed recruiting for a while, and I'm not worried. I just don't see the need to panic yet. We've built a solid base. I see us finishing the season very well. We're going to be an attractive program come late November, and those big names we're still in on are going to take notice. I'd refrain from the cliff diving, boys.

11:00 games have indeed been a challenge. We're under the radar nationally as well. We need to keep winning to show these kids that we're still relevant. The media has pretty well dismissed us since we lost our only big game so far. Hard to blame them too much, though it's ridiculous that we're still unranked by the AP.

As always though, winning cures everything. Keep ticking off wins and force our way back into national relevance and the recruits will follow. There aren't many programs that can sell consistent wins like we can under Bo. Need to keep that up.

I follow recruiting from an arms length at best. But, it appears to me that we did fairly well over the summer and leading up to the season. Two things have thrown some cold water on it though, the loss to UCLA and the tape of Bo. For several weeks there was lots of talk of Bo being on a really hot seat. If there is doubt he is going to be here next year, players are going to be reluctant to commit during the season unless they really want to come here and spots are starting to get used up.

Now, if we finish the year strong and Bo doesn't get fired at the end of the year, then I see us finishing strong in recruiting.

Wow, chill out bro, this is exactly the kind of response that adds nothing of value to the conversation or question that I was asking, and that simply is...is it concerning that we aren't listed in the top 5 of hardly any of the top 247.

Its concerning to me but im not an expert on the subject which is why I asked, so next time before you start calling people "recruiting nuts" come with a comment that adds value or answers a simple question.

I'm by no means an expert, but I've followed recruiting for a while, and I'm not worried. I just don't see the need to panic yet. We've built a solid base. I see us finishing the season very well. We're going to be an attractive program come late November, and those big names we're still in on are going to take notice. I'd refrain from the cliff diving, boys.

No cliff diving here, because i have seen them finish strong and I know they like to save spots to see how guys do their senior season. I also think we will prob be more attractive come dec than we are perceived now, which will help for sure, I just don't want us to start falling off the radar for "top" guys.

We got several good fits and some local kids so far. Good base for the class. Now we're waiting to see how we come out on some highly-recruited prospects and guys who haven't been able to get to campus yet.

Thanks, good point, hopefully we can get some of these high profile kids in for a visit and close the deal to a hopefully great class!