Recruiting Concerns

I don't know our amazing staff seems to think Thad Randle is a better player than most of them so we don't see many of them at DT. Hopefully they're good so the next staff has something to build on.

Again, get use to the fact that Bo isn't going anywhere unless it's on his own accord. Sorry to break your heart.

It's really easy to be a poster that spews uneducated bull sh#t. We'd respect your opinion if you actually backed it up with anything of substance. Move on Troll.

• Fire 1

I don't know our amazing staff seems to think Thad Randle is a better player than most of them so we don't see many of them at DT. Hopefully they're good so the next staff has something to build on.

Again, get use to the fact that Bo isn't going anywhere unless it's on his own accord. Sorry to break your heart.

It's really easy to be a poster that spews uneducated bull sh#t. We'd respect your opinion if you actually backed it up with anything of substance. Move on Troll.

EZ-E, I agree that Bo isn't going anywhere. I wouldn't go so far as to say that the kids playing have improved the program any either. We are 30th in offense and 70th in defense. While it is up on D from last year, the same issues are haunting us. And the offense is going through growing pains. I will give you that the athleticism is way better on the field than the last couple of years, until Bo can get over the 4 loss hump, I don't think anyone is going to say the team is improved.

• Fire 1

EZ-E, I agree that Bo isn't going anywhere. I wouldn't go so far as to say that the kids playing have improved the program any either. We are 30th in offense and 70th in defense. While it is up on D from last year, the same issues are haunting us. And the offense is going through growing pains. I will give you that the athleticism is way better on the field than the last couple of years, until Bo can get over the 4 loss hump, I don't think anyone is going to say the team is improved.

I agree that BO will be here next year a record of 8-4 will do. I also agree that last year class was a great class. Additional year of weight training we will see big improvements at linebacker and on the line play. 3 games are a toss up even if 2 are on the road. MSU game who know we are at home and MSU are chokers look no farther then ND game most years.

What was so great about them? There's some talent sprinkled about but we're hardly loaded. This year we're mediocre on offense and bad on defense.

Bo has had to play a bunch of young players on D because of his poor recruiting in the 2009-2011 classes. Having to depend on a bunch of freshmen to save him is not an enviable position, but he put himself there.

Like in 2010 and 2011 where we finally had top 25-20 classes? Remember, those guys are sophomores and redshirt freshman now.

actually most of those highly ranked prospects are at other teams now. I think we have a serious issue in this years recruiting and going over the recruits who are still interested in NU, its looking bleak.

• Fire 1

w.e the reason may be - we have lost a lot of 4 star recruits along the way. Overrated or not here they are:

Cody Green - Just didn't have IT... good kid, good teammate, still struggling even at Tulsa.

Dijon Washington - Stayed here till was a JR. Had better guys. Was a 4 star on rivals but choose us over Washington St, Oregon St. and San Diego St.....

Chris Williams - Never could get over the knee injury.

Brion Carnes - Taylor was better and Tommy is the future. Could have been a decent WR, but I respect him moving on.

Chase Harper - Not sure on this one. Cant remember why he left.

Braylon Heard - This one hurt, in my opinion, he was good. But he didn't want to be the 1/2 punch with Ameer that Oregon uses where he plays in slot some. Ammer is better.

Chase Rome - First off, not better than any of the young guys. And wasn't a team guy (he quit). He didn't like working hard to get his spot.

Aaron Green - Should have redshirted like coaches asked him to. Wasn't better than Rex, Ameer. We were stacked at the position due to GOOD recruiting, best of luck to Aaron.

Ryan Klachko - Rumored to be doing illegal things that we don't need in our program. Move on.

Tyler Moore - Lots of uncertainty here. Might have been handled wrong, but we don't know all the details.

Todd Peat Jr - Back injury he could never get over. And ate too much while not working hard enough. Vince Valentine was kind of same way...but instead of continuing those ways he got his much in gear and in shape. It's the kids choice.

Bubba Starling - Ridiculous that he was even put on this list. He was good enough at baseball to be drafted very high and pursued his dreams. Good for him, nothing the coaches could do about it.

Since most HS seasons are winding down, I have a feeling that most visits will happen in the following weeks. I don't think that all is lost for Nebraska but they are currently around 7 or 8 in the league when it comes to recruiting rankings (including Maryland and Rutgers). If Michigan can attract recruits to the dumpster fire that is in Ann Arbor, then Nebraska should be able to attract good recruits to Lincoln. The Mich St and Iowa games are going to be very important in more ways than one.

I remember the thoughts about the 2012 class as well. We had people up in arms about it. Turns out that we signed a top to bottom very good class that year.

That class caused panic becuase of the low numbers if I recall. We only signed 17 I think? People were all freaked out by that since the big dogs were signing 25-30. But apparently addition and subtraction are too much to ask for when we had a senior class of 29 guys from Bo's first 2 classes. I find the recruiting panic year after year comical. Even Sean Callahan-who analyzes this stuff for a living mind you-got a chuckle out this growing panic on Big Red Wrap up on night. I think his exact words were "We go through this every year".

• Fire 1

I remember the thoughts about the 2012 class as well. We had people up in arms about it. Turns out that we signed a top to bottom very good class that year.

That class caused panic becuase of the low numbers if I recall. We only signed 17 I think? People were all freaked out by that since the big dogs were signing 25-30. But apparently addition and subtraction are too much to ask for when we had a senior class of 29 guys from Bo's first 2 classes. I find the recruiting panic year after year comical. Even Sean Callahan-who analyzes this stuff for a living mind you-got a chuckle out this growing panic on Big Red Wrap up on night. I think his exact words were "We go through this every year".

Sean has been doing it a long time and has probably heard it all. I know people that know Sean from back when he was working for Mike Minter's recruiting service before that type of deal became illegal.

We had a ton of targets pop up late last year and the year before and we signed very solid classes. Nobody at this point last year knew about Suttles (I know he isn't here anymore) and Chongo. The year before, nobody had heard of Imani Cross before early January. The year before nobody had heard of a guy by the name of Ameer Abdullah before mid-January.

w.e the reason may be - we have lost a lot of 4 star recruits along the way. Overrated or not here they are:

Cody Green

Dijon Washington

Chris Williams

Brion Carnes

Chase Harper

Braylon Heard

Chase Rome

Aaron Green

Ryan Klachko

Tyler Moore

Todd Peat Jr

Bubba Starling

Chase Harper never even made it to campus. Had grade problems.

• Fire 1
w.e the reason may be - we have lost a lot of 4 star recruits along the way. Overrated or not here they are: Cody Green - Just didn't have IT... good kid, good teammate, still struggling even at Tulsa. Dijon Washington - Stayed here till was a JR. Had better guys. Was a 4 star on rivals but choose us over Washington St, Oregon St. and San Diego St..... Chris Williams - Never could get over the knee injury. Brion Carnes - Taylor was better and Tommy is the future. Could have been a decent WR, but I respect him moving on. Chase Harper - Not sure on this one. Cant remember why he left. Braylon Heard - This one hurt, in my opinion, he was good. But he didn't want to be the 1/2 punch with Ameer that Oregon uses where he plays in slot some. Ammer is better. Chase Rome - First off, not better than any of the young guys. And wasn't a team guy (he quit). He didn't like working hard to get his spot. Aaron Green - Should have redshirted like coaches asked him to. Wasn't better than Rex, Ameer. We were stacked at the position due to GOOD recruiting, best of luck to Aaron. Ryan Klachko - Rumored to be doing illegal things that we don't need in our program. Move on. Tyler Moore - Lots of uncertainty here. Might have been handled wrong, but we don't know all the details. Todd Peat Jr - Back injury he could never get over. And ate too much while not working hard enough. Vince Valentine was kind of same way...but instead of continuing those ways he got his much in gear and in shape. It's the kids choice. Bubba Starling - Ridiculous that he was even put on this list. He was good enough at baseball to be drafted very high and pursued his dreams. Good for him, nothing the coaches could do about it.

I didn't make the list stating it was any particular person's fault. Just exposing the thought that our rankings are a bit inflated due to this

Cody Green

Dijon Washington

Chris Williams

Brion Carnes

Chase Harper

Braylon Heard

Chase Rome

Aaron Green

Ryan Klachko

Tyler Moore

Todd Peat Jr

Bubba Starling

Giving my 2 cents as well I suppose:

Cody Green had one BCS offer to play QB and that was Nebraska.

Washington just really never worked out for whatever reason.

Chris Williams was not dedicated to rehabbing his knee and thought he should have been playing when the coaches wanted him to heal up. Also there are rumors of extra-cirricular activity going on off the field.

Brion Carnes, we had a guy in TMart that was just better than him. Plain and simple better than he was. Could be a reason that Brion hasn't played very much for UNI this season either.

Chase Harper hurt what we wanted to do offensively but as stated above he had grade issues.

Braylon Heard hurt bad. Only way to put it.

Chase Rome quit the team twice now right? Once during the season that the unity counsel bailed him out of because they knew we needed him for that year and once when he finally removed himself from the team. Attitude issue and he thought he was God's gift to football from what we have heard.

Aaron Green, could we use him? Absolutely. But the fact of the matter is he didn't RS when asked to, didn't come to work hard, and got beat out by a kid that is currently in the top ten for all purpose yards in the nation.

Ryan Klatcho, I am not going to say as I don't want to be wrong because it becomes a serious defamation case if anyone does and he has certain privacy rights. But we can say that we dont want him on our team.

Tyler Moore, a few in the minority said that he was getting beat out in fall camp by Sirles. I didn't believe it but couldn't disprove it at the time, but based on how the two have played at their respective schools I think they should pat themselves on the back as they were right. That could have added up to a lot more frustration for Tyler.

Todd Peat Jr as stated had back problems and McDonalds problems. He would not be playing anyways in my opinion but depth never hurts.

Bubba Starling is comical to put on this list.

w.e the reason may be - we have lost a lot of 4 star recruits along the way. Overrated or not here they are: Cody Green Dijon Washington Chris Williams Brion Carnes Chase Harper Braylon Heard Chase Rome Aaron Green Ryan Klachko Tyler Moore Todd Peat Jr Bubba Starling
Giving my 2 cents as well I suppose: Cody Green had one BCS offer to play QB and that was Nebraska. Washington just really never worked out for whatever reason. Chris Williams was not dedicated to rehabbing his knee and thought he should have been playing when the coaches wanted him to heal up. Also there are rumors of extra-cirricular activity going on off the field. Brion Carnes, we had a guy in TMart that was just better than him. Plain and simple better than he was. Could be a reason that Brion hasn't played very much for UNI this season either. Chase Harper hurt what we wanted to do offensively but as stated above he had grade issues. Braylon Heard hurt bad. Only way to put it. Chase Rome quit the team twice now right? Once during the season that the unity counsel bailed him out of because they knew we needed him for that year and once when he finally removed himself from the team. Attitude issue and he thought he was God's gift to football from what we have heard. Aaron Green, could we use him? Absolutely. But the fact of the matter is he didn't RS when asked to, didn't come to work hard, and got beat out by a kid that is currently in the top ten for all purpose yards in the nation. Ryan Klatcho, I am not going to say as I don't want to be wrong because it becomes a serious defamation case if anyone does and he has certain privacy rights. But we can say that we dont want him on our team. Tyler Moore, a few in the minority said that he was getting beat out in fall camp by Sirles. I didn't believe it but couldn't disprove it at the time, but based on how the two have played at their respective schools I think they should pat themselves on the back as they were right. That could have added up to a lot more frustration for Tyler. Todd Peat Jr as stated had back problems and McDonalds problems. He would not be playing anyways in my opinion but depth never hurts. Bubba Starling is comical to put on this list.

Again, only put on there as if you can read above to show that this class didn't turn out to be so great based on the rankings. Take it EZ-E

w.e the reason may be - we have lost a lot of 4 star recruits along the way. Overrated or not here they are: Cody Green Dijon Washington Chris Williams Brion Carnes Chase Harper Braylon Heard Chase Rome Aaron Green Ryan Klachko Tyler Moore Todd Peat Jr Bubba Starling
Giving my 2 cents as well I suppose: Cody Green had one BCS offer to play QB and that was Nebraska. Washington just really never worked out for whatever reason. Chris Williams was not dedicated to rehabbing his knee and thought he should have been playing when the coaches wanted him to heal up. Also there are rumors of extra-cirricular activity going on off the field. Brion Carnes, we had a guy in TMart that was just better than him. Plain and simple better than he was. Could be a reason that Brion hasn't played very much for UNI this season either. Chase Harper hurt what we wanted to do offensively but as stated above he had grade issues. Braylon Heard hurt bad. Only way to put it. Chase Rome quit the team twice now right? Once during the season that the unity counsel bailed him out of because they knew we needed him for that year and once when he finally removed himself from the team. Attitude issue and he thought he was God's gift to football from what we have heard. Aaron Green, could we use him? Absolutely. But the fact of the matter is he didn't RS when asked to, didn't come to work hard, and got beat out by a kid that is currently in the top ten for all purpose yards in the nation. Ryan Klatcho, I am not going to say as I don't want to be wrong because it becomes a serious defamation case if anyone does and he has certain privacy rights. But we can say that we dont want him on our team. Tyler Moore, a few in the minority said that he was getting beat out in fall camp by Sirles. I didn't believe it but couldn't disprove it at the time, but based on how the two have played at their respective schools I think they should pat themselves on the back as they were right. That could have added up to a lot more frustration for Tyler. Todd Peat Jr as stated had back problems and McDonalds problems. He would not be playing anyways in my opinion but depth never hurts. Bubba Starling is comical to put on this list.

Again, only put on there as if you can read above to show that this class didn't turn out to be so great based on the rankings. Take it EZ-E

You were typing your reply as I was. My appologies :thumbs