(2016) F Keanu Pinder [Arizona Commit]

Do I understand correctly that we only have one senior on the team and we have one schollie left? That would mean that whomever gets the last schollie this year will essentially fill the team for two years. I hope we get a player who will contribute early and if it is this young man so be it. I trust Miles to make those decisions.

Do I understand correctly that we only have one senior on the team and we have one schollie left? That would mean that whomever gets the last schollie this year will essentially fill the team for two years. I hope we get a player who will contribute early and if it is this young man so be it. I trust Miles to make those decisions.

1 open schollie, but you can oversign by 1. We can technically sign 3 players this year.

:bigredn:

@KeanuPinder28

Excited to be committing to University of Nebraska today! #GoBigRed #HuskerNation

@RobinWashut

New #Nebrasketball commit Keanu Pinder had been in 2014 class, but will likely have to take a post-grad year and reclassify to 2015.

@RobinWashut

Sunrise Christian's @CoachKyle1 on Keanu Pinder: "It literally wouldn't shock me to see him at the highest level of basketball in the end."

@franfraschilla

Kudos to Tim Miles and @chrisharriman24 on landing Aussie U-19 member, Keanu Pinder, a 6-8 athlete with loads of potential.

@RobinWashut

New #Nebrasketball commit Keanu Pinder had been in 2014 class, but will likely have to take a post-grad year and reclassify to 2015.

Maybe I'm not familiar enough with the process. Is this because of him (academic issues?) or us (scholarship limits)?

Acedemic issues. Australian school is different than American school. He has to retake some classes and get caught up for him to take the SAT/ACT, so he was going to need an additional high school year to be able to get that done before college. This is not bad for us though because he can use that time to hit the weights and get use to the American physical style of play.

@RobinWashut

Maybe I'm not familiar enough with the process. Is this because of him (academic issues?) or us (scholarship limits)?

Acedemic issues. Australian school is different than American school. He has to retake some classes and get caught up for him to take the SAT/ACT, so he was going to need an additional high school year to be able to get that done before college. This is not bad for us though because he can use that time to hit the weights and get use to the American physical style of play.

Is he coming to the US for this year of school? If not, how would he get used to the American physical style of play? Can he play during this extra year?

@RobinWashut

Thanks. I was guessing it was getting caught up on classwork. Also leaves us with another scholly for this year. Everybody wins.