Bo Pelini positive achievements

Redux

Lets not have this turn into a fire Bo thread. I just thought it would be good to remind people of the good things that have happened under Coach Pelini's regime.

-Ohio State Comeback/Biggest Point Margin comeback in NU history

-Upholds Zach Darlington's scholarship regardless of his playing future

-Excellent GPA and Graduation Rate

-Strict no nonsense off field drama: Ernest Suttles, Quentin Castille etc.

-Nick Pasquale tribute decal and gold/blue baloons for UCLA game

-Shows he can have a good relationship with team: Harlem Shake video, Cell Phone prank etc.

-Penn State pre-game prayer in aftermath of Sandusky scandal and JoePa firing

-Jack Hoffman Spring Game Touchdown and resulting.ESPY Award for Jack

Was Bo the mastermind behind all of these, perhaps not. But it all happened under his watch. Lets try to remember these things when you feel he is being to agressive on the sideline.

Please share what Ive left out.

• Fire 1

Going through a conference change (on relatively short notice) that played based on two different philosophies and required different types of personel, and still finding a way to win 9 and 10 games against the toughest possible schedule in those first two years.

This is huge, that was not easy to accomplish and that should show what type of coach he really is.

Going through a conference change (on relatively short notice) that played based on two different philosophies and required different types of personel, and still finding a way to win 9 and 10 games against the toughest possible schedule in those first two years.

Brilliantly said. Nobody wants to admit what a feat this was. Very dificult situation handled admirably.

Absolutely.

Rebuilding recruiting in-roads that took 30 years to build and were torn to the ground in 04-07. And really not taking that long to do so.

+1 - I think this is the biggest challenge he faced - we also got into the CCG.

The walk on program invigorated.

Callahan brought in roughly the same amount of walk-ons as Bo has. The biggest helper for Bo is that UNO no longer has a program. So some of the kids that would have taken scholarships there are now walking on at NU. So we are getting better walk-ons. That is my theory anyways.

• Fire 1

The walk on program invigorated.

Callahan brought in roughly the same amount of walk-ons as Bo has. The biggest helper for Bo is that UNO no longer has a program. So some of the kids that would have taken scholarships there are now walking on at NU. So we are getting better walk-ons. That is my theory anyways.

I can live wt that theory. I do feel there has been an upgrade.