The "Name your new head coach" thread megamerge

I still say Mark Richt. Maybe Georgia lets him go and we snag him

Love this.

Again, I ask why?

Richt, Petrino, Petersen, insert any other head coach with a ton of experience that can't get it done. Nebraska fans want championships. I don't think any of these guys can get them here either. And the coaches who are getting them aren't coming to Nebraska. I'm sorry, but I'd rather take a chance on a promising young coach in charge of one of the best offenses in college football over a coach with experience who I know can't get it done.

Unbelievable. You don't think we were out coached today? I'm sorry but you have your head so far up Bo Pelini's ass your nose hair is tickling his tonsils.

I would agree with EZ-E's point. We were not out coached today. The number of tackle opportunities missed by Santos and Z Anderson today for example was staggering. And on offense, I have zero faith in our ability to convert a 3rd down with Martinez under center.

Well many sports reporters, former player, and former coaches on air and online disagree. Sam Mckewon, whom most respect his opinion, used those exact words in his video review.

As a coach I can say this...if you have to constantly blame the execution over and over again year after year, you're teaching methods are failing.

Love this.

Again, I ask why?

Richt, Petrino, Petersen, insert any other head coach with a ton of experience that can't get it done. Nebraska fans want championships. I don't think any of these guys can get them here either. And the coaches who are getting them aren't coming to Nebraska. I'm sorry, but I'd rather take a chance on a promising young coach in charge of one of the best offenses in college football over a coach with experience who I know can't get it done.

Richt is a proven HC who has appeared in more conference championships and won more at an SEC school than Pelini and Frost combined. Ideally, we should go after a proven winning HC at a program who would view the job at NU as a promotion with the prestige and tradition we offer.

How about Kirk Ferentz? He may be looking after this season............

Seriously, though, I have always looked at Bo Polini as being "under" Nebraska standards. This is especially true after hearing the recording of him railing on Husker fans.

We will see you all the day after Thanksgiving! Unfortunately for nebraska, it could be a close game this year.

Richt would be an interesting hire, no doubt. He would need to finish 5-7 or 6-6 this year and would NU want to hire a coach that got fired for a record like that?

Two words

Andy Reid.

Sometimes it just takes a change of scenery.

Georgia's having an underwhelming year. Maybe Richt would be willing for a changeup and is a little burned out in Athens. I'd entertain the idea.

Love this.

Again, I ask why?

Why? You don't think he has recruiting ties to the south? The guy has rebuilt that program.

I ask why Frost? Richt has a hell of a lot better track record than him.

Richt would be an interesting hire, no doubt. He would need to finish 5-7 or 6-6 this year and would NU want to hire a coach that got fired for a record like that?

Two words

Andy Reid.

Georgia's having an underwhelming year. Maybe Richt would be willing for a changeup and is a little burned out in Athens. I'd entertain the idea.

It's for this insane reason I'd give Muschamp a whirl.

But my ideal candidate is Shaw out of Stanford. But that's never happening.

Two words

Andy Reid.

I'm a diehard Chiefs fan and what Reid has done is remarkable! But this isn't the NFL... I'm not saying Richt wouldn't be a bad hire but how many CFB programs have hired CFB HC's who the previous year had a losing record or didn't finish on a high note?

Love this.

Again, I ask why?

Richt is a proven HC who has appeared in more conference championships and won more at an SEC school than Pelini and Frost combined. Ideally, we should go after a proven winning HC at a program who would view the job at NU as a promotion with the prestige and tradition we offer.

I guess I see Richt as a winner. He is a great play caller, solid recruiter, and has shown he can hang with the rest of the best. Sure, he doesn't have a NC title, but none of the coaches mentioned here as well as Bo himself have that claim either. Why not go after a coach that has shown the ability to win games and recruit, year after year?

Two words

Andy Reid.

It's for this insane reason I'd give Muschamp a whirl.

But my ideal candidate is Shaw out of Stanford. But that's never happening.

Would love Shaw, but you are right. That is a pipe dream.

Love this.

Again, I ask why?

I guess I see Richt as a winner. He is a great play caller, solid recruiter, and has shown he can hang with the rest of the best. Sure, he doesn't have a NC title, but none of the coaches mentioned here as well as Bo himself have that claim either. Why not go after a coach that has shown the ability to win games and recruit, year after year?

We do need a HC who is passionate about recruiting instead of leaving it all up to his assistants and assuming the title of a "Closer."

Assuming this is Bo's last year, I would prefer that we pick up a coach that's actually had head coaching experience. I don't want to waste 2 or 3 years to give on the job training to some coordinator. There's a big difference between being the top man overseeing the entire staff and team, and being a specialty coach looking at one facet of the game. Most on here are right that...it will be difficult to lure an experienced head coach from one of the 5 major conferences, so we'll likely need to look for a top coach that has done well historically in the smaller conferences, or one that is emerging. In looking through many of these posts, the Pelini defenders are getting fewer and fewer each week, which means there really are no excuses left and no reason to keep Pelini after this season.