An interesting tidbit from the postgame

NUpolo8

Man people must have been substantially more impressed than I with Armstrong's 6 of 18 for 43 yards and 3 interceptions against Purdue.

This isn't mean to knock Armstrong, he's a young kid that will get better. But let's not pretend like he's Tommie Frazier or even Joe Ganz at this point.

Yeah, that was a really bad day for him. However, when he missed, he often missed deep, often on early downs and a number of times on almost plays that at least had the effect of keeping the defense honest. I think that opened up the rest of the offense as a result, and not to mention, we had the ground game to lean on while he was there. He runs the option quite adroitly. And we also had RK3's presence to lean on, changing in and out.

That's not Frazier and it's not Ganz, but it is a methodical, promising attack, and it does seem like our best bet this year.

here is a conspericy theory for you:

Bo is only playing TMart because he was after the best athlete in the family Drake. If Bo doesnt play TMart this year, DMart transfers!

Is Drake a better athlete?

Side note: Imagine if there was a Kenny Martinez. We'd be using KMart

Wally Martinez aka WalMart, lol.

and if there is a Martinez cousin in from Oregon and swings both ways we could call him Bi-Mart

Man people must have been substantially more impressed than I with Armstrong's 6 of 18 for 43 yards and 3 interceptions against Purdue.

This isn't mean to knock Armstrong, he's a young kid that will get better. But let's not pretend like he's Tommie Frazier or even Joe Ganz at this point.

Yeah, that was a really bad day for him. However, when he missed, he often missed deep, often on early downs and a number of times on almost plays that at least had the effect of keeping the defense honest. I think that opened up the rest of the offense as a result, and not to mention, we had the ground game to lean on while he was there. He runs the option quite adroitly. And we also had RK3's presence to lean on, changing in and out.

That's not Frazier and it's not Ganz, but it is a methodical, promising attack, and it does seem like our best bet this year.

Let's not forget the 2-3 BAD drops for about 100 yards and a sure touchdown. TA's day looks a lot better without those.

TA was the better overall QB in first two game of the rotation (though it was close), while RKIII obviously played better against Purdue.

Ill tell ya what polo, if jamaal charles can play with blisters so bad it looks like your face acne, then t mart has NO excuses. I expect championships on championships with the level of talent we have. Guys like jean baptiste and kenny bell should be heisman contenders. For us to lose ANY games in the Big Ten is absurd. For god sakes we were competing in the big 12 and now we suck in the Big 10. Its time to put me on the sideline and all 100,000 fans in seats will see how a real coach handles his players and media

Whether Armstrong or Kellogg, what has been most beneficial is keeping the chains moving. Something that for whatever reason is simply not happening with Martinez.

I usually don't say this especially when it is about me, but people want to think that his ankles and a couple broken toes is a lot of pain? I say walk a day in my shoes and you will know what pain is and I go to work everyday and it sucks but what else are you going to do. My point is excuses are like A holes everyone has one if you don't want to play then don't but don't whine to me about pain.

Where do people get this idea that someone needs to be as good as Frazier to replace Martinez? Do people seriously think Martinez is remotely that good? If so, do they even watch the games?

Not sure where the logic comes from either. But I guess Frazier is the bar for QB as Osborne is for HC. We just need another Joe Ganz!

Whether Armstrong or Kellogg, what has been most beneficial is keeping the chains moving. Something that for whatever reason is simply not happening with Martinez.

Well, then you might be better served asking why we threw 30 passes when we had a RB averaging 8.7 yards per carry. That's probably a more pertinent point to raise rather than who started at QB.

Well, then you might be better served asking why we threw 30 passes when we had a RB averaging 8.7 yards per carry. That's probably a more pertinent point to raise rather than who started at QB.

Beck and his head scratching play calls. Do you think if Ameer had 11 more carries we would have won the game with our defense today?

Beck and his head scratching play calls. Do you think if Ameer had 11 more carries we would have won the game with our defense today?

Impossible to know, but it's a question worth pondering. We're complaining about Martinez's passing... imagine if he only threw 15 or 20 passes and Abdullah had 230 yards. I would probably put money on us winning that game.

We lose this game no matter who was playing QB. The problems were so numerous on both sides of the ball (including play calling) that it wouldn't matter who was slinging the rock.

That said, Taylor's production drops off sharply when he's injured. You have to play when you're injured, but there are times with players like TM that you just don't play them because they're so affected by injuries. Especially when you have two backups who can run your offense decently, at the very least. An injured TM only adds to the problems this team has on the field.