Northwestern Rivalry?

I love this series. Move it to Thanksgiving Friday. Who cares about Iowa?

No joke, I *hate* forced, contrived rivalries more than just about anything in sports. It's like they were decided by reality TV directors/editors who decided that there NEEDS to be drama. Just let them form organically, quit forcing us into it and telling us who we were supposed to be rivals with. Right now, NW really does feel like the closest thing we have to a rivalry in our division right now (for all of the things listed by the OP). It will definitely be one of the top games to look forward to for the sheer fun and excitement of it for several seasons to come. Yeah, we might have more important games in our division, but that doesn't mean they'll have the same "intangibles" as the NU-NW games have had so far. Let's make our own trophy for the game like the Innocence Society did for the Missouri games! Screw those pre-fab trophies. We'll make a fanbase-to-fanbase, grassroots, organic rivalry. Start designing a trophy!

NW pops up every few years to mate and then returns to obscurity. Iowa and Michigan State will do the same thing. They should have kept the NU-PSU as the manufactured rivalry. Although it's artificial, at least it makes sense.

Yeah, maybe...they're a scrappy bunch. If Fitz goes that thing could implode fast though.

I see the obvious one...NU-Wisco. There's just something about that team I do not like...the kind of dislike that is borne out of a grudging respect.

I really thought MSU would turn into kind of an annual blood feud. Oh well...Wisco is even better. If/when Iowa beats us a couple times we'll learn to despise them in a heartbeat. That is one douchebag-infested fanbase right there. My buddy and I got into it with about 10 Hawkeye fans at The Bob last year...this guy in front of us was literally turning around and gloating in our faces.

Then we staged an epic second half comeback and buried 'em. One 35-40 year old woman told me "suck it." Completely out of the blue, no antagonizing on my part. It was trashily hilarious.

I think whatever network airs the game should observe the previous winner as NU in the scorebox. We would be NEB when we lost and they will be NW when the lose.

And yeah someone needs to make a sweet Purple and Red NU Bowl trophy for this game.

We'll get the "Kirkwood NU Trophy" back to purple next year at Memorial Stadium East.

I think whatever network airs the game should observe the previous winner as NU in the scorebox. We would be NEB when we lost and they will be NW when the lose.

And yeah someone needs to make a sweet Purple and Red NU Bowl trophy for this game.

We'll get the "Kirkwood NU Trophy" back to purple next year at Memorial Stadium East.

I Was strongly considering a trip to Wiscy next year but Ivechanged my plans to NW. Cant wait for it.