The Richie Ingognito situation

mwj98

We are being bashed all over the nation. Folks forget we let him go. Folks comparing this to Lawrence Phillips and this is another example of how we recruit.

I might get lit up for this post but, I hate seeing husker nation being blasted like this. We got rid of him!!!

Just frustrated. We've had enough drama the last fee years. We don't need this crap coming back on its.

Edited by knapplc
thread title edited for clarity

One of my issues with Callahan back in the day was that he kicked Richie off the team. I remember thinking that Callahan should have found some way to keep him and instill a bit of discipline. But I guess I didn't know the full story. Could've been any number of things that went on behind the scenes with Richie that didn't make the newspapers. It's too bad he has the demons he has. The guy was a great O-lineman. Maybe pipeline worthy even.

This is helpful feedback. I brought it up in other forum as an FYI in early stages, but noticed the lack of response, and understand why now. I admit that the first thought is negative toward Nebraska FB for recruiting him. But until yesterday I wasn't aware that Nebraska kicked him off the team, which is commendable. I know Nebraska won't hesitate to not offer scholarships to players of questionable character and when a recruiting mistake is made, they won't hesitate to correct it.