Strength and conditioning

Goal-line

Look at how kenny bell or ameer need to sit out a play after a 20 yard run, S&C has been a big issue this season. Just because someone posted that the S&C needs to be tweeked doesn't mean we are calling for Bo's head. I swear, simma down na!

That probably has more to do with Kenny and Ameer being hurt right now than anything...these guys are warriors, and athletes.

Look at how kenny bell or ameer need to sit out a play after a 20 yard run, S&C has been a big issue this season. Just because someone posted that the S&C needs to be tweeked doesn't mean we are calling for Bo's head. I swear, simma down na!

That probably has more to do with Kenny and Ameer being hurt right now than anything...these guys are warriors, and athletes.

I agree that they are warriors. I just have noticed that our guys seem to get more winded or tired faster than the other guys. Obviously I am not an expert on S&C, it is just an observation.

I agree this topic does not get enough attention. Btw great win for our team in Ann Arbor yesterday! Wow what a roller coaster this year has been (as has most years under Bo). I do not think this program is too far off. I believe a few tweaks here and there are not only needed but are good for teams to do after every season successful or not. One tweak I believe this team needs is a different s&c PROGRAM. I'm not saying new s&c coaches but a new program and system needs to be installed. I remember hearing the past 2 years navy seals coming in for a few days to run the players through team building exercises. I think these exercises are a very good idea but I don't believe those navy seals only do these for a few days themselves and poof they are instantly a family or have good team chemistry. These exercises need to happen everyday in the off season workouts. I have recently watched a video on "the program" at Stanford and it is pretty impressive. That team passes the eye test with their size and intensity and up until last years class hasn't blown people away with top recruits. Programs like this develope football players and creates attitudes. Mental and phyical toughness is made in the offseason not during. Tweaks can be good. GBR!

I agree this topic does not get enough attention. Btw great win for our team in Ann Arbor yesterday! Wow what a roller coaster this year has been (as has most years under Bo). I do not think this program is too far off. I believe a few tweaks here and there are not only needed but are good for teams to do after every season successful or not. One tweak I believe this team needs is a different s&c PROGRAM. I'm not saying new s&c coaches but a new program and system needs to be installed. I remember hearing the past 2 years navy seals coming in for a few days to run the players through team building exercises. I think these exercises are a very good idea but I don't believe those navy seals only do these for a few days themselves and poof they are instantly a family or have good team chemistry. These exercises need to happen everyday in the off season workouts. I have recently watched a video on "the program" at Stanford and it is pretty impressive. That team passes the eye test with their size and intensity and up until last years class hasn't blown people away with top recruits. Programs like this develope football players and creates attitudes. Mental and phyical toughness is made in the offseason not during. Tweaks can be good. GBR!

Exactly! Thank you!

I agree this topic does not get enough attention. Btw great win for our team in Ann Arbor yesterday! Wow what a roller coaster this year has been (as has most years under Bo). I do not think this program is too far off. I believe a few tweaks here and there are not only needed but are good for teams to do after every season successful or not. One tweak I believe this team needs is a different s&c PROGRAM. I'm not saying new s&c coaches but a new program and system needs to be installed. I remember hearing the past 2 years navy seals coming in for a few days to run the players through team building exercises. I think these exercises are a very good idea but I don't believe those navy seals only do these for a few days themselves and poof they are instantly a family or have good team chemistry. These exercises need to happen everyday in the off season workouts. I have recently watched a video on "the program" at Stanford and it is pretty impressive. That team passes the eye test with their size and intensity and up until last years class hasn't blown people away with top recruits. Programs like this develope football players and creates attitudes. Mental and phyical toughness is made in the offseason not during. Tweak can be good. GBR!

This kid?

tweek-tweak_jpg_250x250_q95.jpg

The 2009 and 2010 defenses seemed pretty well conditioned playing 80+ snaps a game. And wasn't part of the offenses success the last couple years that they would wear down opposing defenses during the game? Maybe, just maybe, the reason the defense has been tired at times this year is because this is only the first or second year in the program for many of them.

• Fire 1

So you would rather have them give Ameer 30+ carries a game and run him into the ground like they did with Rex?

Our strength and conditioning is fine. It's on par with EVERY PROGRAM IN THE COUNTRY. Maybe a little better than some, maybe not quite as good as others.

It aint the 90's anymore. we dont have the advantages. everyone is putting high emphasis on strength, nutrition, and so on. Our strength and condition and Dobson himself are just low-hanging fruit for morons to bash on when things arent going well.

I'd disagree, our S&C is pretty poor in comparison to others (top teams - we are obviously above average) from what I've heard. Aaron Green, when he transferred, said TCUs strength and conditioning is much more rigorous and has done more for his body than our program ever did. I think a couple other people agreed with him. Our S&C is a weakness - in comparison to the other top 30-35 teams in the nation - at least.

Really? Aaron Green?

Who?

Exactly.

When I see our team have the willpower to win games late in the fourth quarter as we do time and time again as we have over the past 2 1/2 seasons, it's just hard for me to think there's anything wrong with strenght and conditioning. I know last week it was talked about how Ameer runs two plays and needs a breather. The same with Kenny Bell yesterday, yet they fail to understand that due to significant nicks and bruises, neither has practiced for a while. Ameer did not practice leading up to Northwestern and If I recall sat out of Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday practices prior to Michigan (we dont practice on Monday anymore).

Our strength and conditioning is fine. It's on par with EVERY PROGRAM IN THE COUNTRY. Maybe a little better than some, maybe not quite as good as others.

It aint the 90's anymore. we dont have the advantages. everyone is putting high emphasis on strength, nutrition, and so on. Our strength and condition and Dobson himself are just low-hanging fruit for morons to bash on when things arent going well.

I'd disagree, our S&C is pretty poor in comparison to others (top teams - we are obviously above average) from what I've heard. Aaron Green, when he transferred, said TCUs strength and conditioning is much more rigorous and has done more for his body than our program ever did. I think a couple other people agreed with him. Our S&C is a weakness - in comparison to the other top 30-35 teams in the nation - at least.

Really? Aaron Green?

Who?

Exactly.

Yeah, they're 107th in the country in rushing and he's the fourth-leading rusher on the team. They have it all figured out down there.

Really? Aaron Green?

Who?

Exactly.

Yeah, they're 107th in the country in rushing and he's the fourth-leading rusher on the team. They have it all figured out down there.

Say what you want about AG as a person, but he isn't the only player that says our strength & conditioning isn't up to par - in comparison to the other top schools. I wouldn't say TCU is a top school and they have a S&C program at least on par with ours. Check out Oregon's, Alabama's, Stanford's, etc. I don't know the nitty gritty of Alabama's, but I know Oregons stanfords and nebraskas and I guarantee you Nebraska is closer to TCU than it is to Oregon or Stanford.