Pelini Predictions

Unlike several of you, I have no idea what Eichorst thinks. But I stick by my prediction from Tipstergate: 9-3 and he buys another year. 8-4 or worse and he is done.

If he's here next year, I think the expectations will be high. I don't think the people with the money will go for more excuses or bad losses.

To be fair though, this is probably our third year saying the same thing.

Not that anyone cares, but I think Pelini is safe after this season. RK3 saved his job via Hail Mary, I don't think the team would have performed at Michigan if they lost the NU game, again 100% speculation. A 5-7 year would have been the death knell, but is a 7-6 season as equal?

Here comes more speculation, which is everyones fav past time round here. Does Harvey Pearlman have ammunition to fire Bo after this year? Eichorst won't be the guy who pulls the trigger, he is still green. If it does come, it comes from the Chancellor's Office. It's the worst kept secret that Harvey dislikes Bo (see TAMU 2010).

Like I said, Bo miracled himself another season. The defense has improved along with recruiting. However look for a staff shake up in the off season, I am sure the media will be looking here too when that happens. Whoops, did I say that? I gotta stop huffin', I'm all out of spray paint and socks.

Then forget about other job offers! Your saying he's a good guy. Fine he's a good guy but it doesn't mean he can coach. I would hope we're all good guys that in that position of power at UNL would do the same. Can he coach defense? I believe he can but has also proved that just defense doesn't win championships. What does the guy bring to the table? Good guy (course no one would know cause he freaks out during games), players with good grades staying out of trouble, defense (sometimes but doesn't help when offense puts um right back on the field), 9 wins a year? Ask the new playoff committee if they care about that. Its not the wins its the loses and they're performance on the field. What I want and would hope we all want is to be competitive in all games win or lose.

I'd be surprised if the decision has been made either way. IMO they haven't done a good enough job to be untouchable, there are recurring issues that can't be ignored. At the same time our offense has been maimed by the injury-bug and we've been playing a lot of underclassmen in general, if TM and Long were healthy we're likely a one-loss team headed back to the CCG.

I think we'll see at one to four staffing changes no matter what. Wouldn't surprise me if one or both of those recuiting jobs are filled by current coaches.

If we finish 9-3 don't see any change at the top happening.

If we go 8-4 a change wouldn't shock me, could depend on the nature of the loss. Can see a coordinator being brought in.

If we go 7-5 I think this regime is probably done.

I expect Bo to be gone regardless at the end of the season. What do you guys think our silent ginger assassin was brought in to do?

It is what it is if this is the case. But they better damn well have a frickin plan this time and not just fly by the seat of their pants like ten years ago. That's all I ask. Make a competent decision for a change.

Regardless of record, I think BO stays. He has done a good job managing the kids outside of football, player academics, the kids love him etc......

IMO, he will be talked to about really analyzing his staff. If he decides to keep them all, I think THAT might cost him. Much like Cos cost Cally.

Bo also has the great excuse of losing Martinez, the entire OL, playing true and RS Fresh all across the board etc.......

The defense is playing better, recruiting is up, and as much as I do not like Beck as OC, his O did put up almost 400 yrds against Sparty, first 100 yrd rusher, longest run against them etc....after having 5 TO's.

IMO, If we could put together a complete game and get out of our own way, we could be great. Just don't know how to do that.....

I think it would be a grave mistake to let Bo go. I think he has the team headed in the right direction, at least the last three weeks, seem to show a lot of what if's. I haven't seen the team play as a team as, much as I have, this year. They all seem to be on the same page. Seems to be a feeling that next year is the season, for a real run at the B1G title. Bo may be one year behind, what we all thought would be this year. The right players are here for it. T O went through this, lets see if Bo can get through it. Give him one more year at least. GBR!!!

Bo does have a good football mind...but he doesn't have enough experience yet (still?) to keep his coordinators in check (see Beck, playcalling and personnel).

Frankly, with Bo learning the ropes as a coach, the best thing anyone could have suggested was to bring in experienced, tenured coordinators to help lighten the load. Instead, Bo made it difficult on himself by having to be both a head coach and mentor to both the kids on the team and his staff. I presume he did this to give back to the coaching community as well as to help him keep a staff on hand that won't jump ship as readily when a HC position opens up. I don't think anyone questions Bo's character or commitment...but we all know too well that he is a stubborn, prideful man...

...hopefully one of Bo's lessons from this season is that while Bo is great, there's only enough Bo to go around. He needs to get experienced coordinators and position coaches that he doesn't have to fret about so he can focus on the things that slip through the cracks, like special teams or ball control.

I gave up on reading page two of this, but I am throwing my two cents in.

this is a COLLEGE football program. At the UNIVERSITY of Nebraska.

I just like everyone else feel like something is missing in this program but lets not loose site of what is really important.

Bo is running a good clean program. Winning football games, and granted loosing games in embarrassing fashion.

History shows that having patience pays off in the end.

For all of you who sit at your computer and armchair coach....SHUT UP.

be an unconditional fan, love our huskers for better or worse or go find another team to be a bandwagon fan of. I am tired of the fire Bo talk.

Just knock it off.

*sorry for any errors....done by phone.*

Nebraska and Bo will likely part ways after the Iowa game regardless of the outcomes of the next 2. Waning ticket demand and people trying to get out of their suite contracts have become a real problem for the program. The program lacks excitement and belief that we're moving towards something big under Bo.

...um, where have you heard that ticket demand is wavering?

I gave up on reading page two of this, but I am throwing my two cents in.

this is a COLLEGE football program. At the UNIVERSITY of Nebraska.

I just like everyone else feel like something is missing in this program but lets not loose site of what is really important.

Bo is running a good clean program. Winning football games, and granted loosing games in embarrassing fashion.

History shows that having patience pays off in the end.

For all of you who sit at your computer and armchair coach....SHUT UP.

be an unconditional fan, love our huskers for better or worse or go find another team to be a bandwagon fan of. I am tired of the fire Bo talk.

Just knock it off.

*sorry for any errors....done by phone.*

isn't this what you're doing as well?

I forgot. In the land of internet it's not allowed to have a differing opinion without being called out. People that post like this contribute nothing to a good conversation, which this thread has actually been. Stick to playing games on your phone.

And did I see a poster named pelini's finger...shouldn't it be the thumb?