Taking daughter to Iowa game -- any suggestions from parents re: first game experiences at Memorial?

I took my two daughters to there fist game this year 7 & 9. I'd say get the players coming out of warm ups down below and then get into the stand for the tunnel walk. My girls really liked all the cheering and yelling. They also like taking their shoes off and thrusting them in the air for kick offs. We skipped the pavilion but that was my choice and hit Barry's before the game so they could see the band come through and stare at people. Most important thing to them was the cheer leaders and Val's pizza. I would also rent the stadium seats so the fat ass next to you doesn't crowd her out of her seat. Most important. Have fun and cheer no matter what is happening. That kid is going to pick up her cues from you. So win or lose make it about having fun and trying hard and supporting the team.

• Fire 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I took my two daughters to there fist game this year 7 & 9. I'd say get the players coming out of warm ups down below and then get into the stand for the tunnel walk. My girls really liked all the cheering and yelling. They also like taking their shoes off and thrusting them in the air for kick offs. We skipped the pavilion but that was my choice and hit Barry's before the game so they could see the band come through and stare at people. Most important thing to them was the cheer leaders and Val's pizza. I would also rent the stadium seats so the fat ass next to you doesn't crowd her out of her seat. Most important. Have fun and cheer no matter what is happening. That kid is going to pick up her cues from you. So win or lose make it about having fun and trying hard and supporting the team.

I'm taking my 7 year old to his first game tomorrow. I hope to avoid cursing. I can't help it sometimes.

I'm taking my 7 year old to his first game tomorrow. I hope to avoid cursing. I can't help it sometimes.

I'll try my best also my good sir, I had to bite my tongue the entire Wyoming game. A little kid was sitting next to me so I ended up with a bloody tongue by the end.

Hey all--in spite of the outcome, I wanted to tell you all that my daughter had an incredible time, cheered for all four quarters, and she even got on the ESPN broadcast more than once (as we found out from scores of friends via Facebook).

In spite of all the current herp and derp surrounding the program, there's at least one little girl that's proud to be a Husker and can't wait to be back in Lincoln, win or lose, thanks to your help and suggestions.

• Fire 3
Hey all--in spite of the outcome, I wanted to tell you all that my daughter had an incredible time, cheered for all four quarters, and she even got on the ESPN broadcast more than once (as we found out from scores of friends via Facebook).

In spite of all the current herp and derp surrounding the program, there's at least one little girl that's proud to be a Husker and can't wait to be back in Lincoln, win or lose, thanks to your help and suggestions.

Needed this for a reminder of how big this program is to so many people. Thank you. +1

Hell ya.