XBox One and PlayStation 4 System Reviews

Judging by the few games that are out, the roles seem to have reversed from last gen. PS4 seems to be more capable performance wise as many of it's games out of the box run at the more intensive 1080p vs the same games Xbox runs at last gen's 720p. Maybe they still need to optimize better, but the specs this time are in PS4s favor. Personally I only play sport games on consoles and the rest on a PC so usually it's not a big deal to me, however going to get a PS4 since Microsoft tried to pull all that nasty BS before they back paddled after the community ripped them a new one. Have to stand up for something sometimes other then a beer.

Read the EULA for Sony--those things you're holding against Microsoft for backtracking on are in the current Sony PS4 EULA, including the ability for restriction of used software and requisite always-on network access for the system.

Not saying that it's going to happen, but if there was zero intention of this happening as Sony claims, why bury it in the EULA?

XB1 is pretty damn good. If this is what the PS4 is like, then there really isn't a console that is better. They are both good options.

Agreed. This gen will come down to exclusives and first party titles. I think that's why Microsoft had no fewer than three quality retail exclusives at launch, and another one (Titanfall) waiting for March.

---

Also, to correct another poster, XBox Live and PlayStation Plus are the same retail price $49.99/year, and both systems require online subscriptions for gameplay.

But frankly, if you pay more than $35/year for either or...you're not doing it right. Both are routinely on sale throughout the year, are stackable, and just recently were $25/yr each during Black Friday.

I'm sorry but you are wrong Xbox Live Gold Membership for 12 months is $59.99. Sure you could wait for the online membership prices to go down but with the launch of both the PS4 and XboxOne, I'm sure 99% of those gamers didn't wait for the membership prices to go down or didn't anticipate for the prices to be cheap on black Friday.

It looks like the PS4 has an early edge in graphical power, as many games render at full 1080p on the PS4 but have to be scaled from a native 720p on the XB1 since developers couldn't get them running smoothly at 1080 before launch. It also looks like the Xbox has had a few more hardware and operational problems, but not in any huge way. So, very slight edge to the PS4 here a couple weeks after launch, but again, the edge is quite small and both consoles appear to be pretty amazing. Any purchasing decision should still be based on game library and personal preference.

Agreed. This gen will come down to exclusives and first party titles. I think that's why Microsoft had no fewer than three quality retail exclusives at launch, and another one (Titanfall) waiting for March.

---

Also, to correct another poster, XBox Live and PlayStation Plus are the same retail price $49.99/year, and both systems require online subscriptions for gameplay.

But frankly, if you pay more than $35/year for either or...you're not doing it right. Both are routinely on sale throughout the year, are stackable, and just recently were $25/yr each during Black Friday.

Titanfall on PC son. Better control scheme, and better graphics!

And no, XBL retail is 59.99.

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbox-LIVE-Month-Gold-360/dp/B00EQNP8F4/ref=dp_ob_title_vg

Disappointing to hear that GT6 is apparently still the same old game with some upgrades. No improvements to the collision and damage mechanics, no major gameplay improvements, nothing. They're so focused on adding cars and adding tracks and making everything look good that the gameplay itself gets neglected. Was pretty disappointed with GT5 even though it looked amazing and the cars drove very well, prob won't get GT6.

• 1 month later...

---

Titanfall on PC son. Better control scheme, and better graphics!

And no, XBL retail is 59.99.

http://www.amazon.co...=dp_ob_title_vg

Why anyone would buy XBL on amazon is beyond me.

• 1 month later...

Disappointing to hear that GT6 is apparently still the same old game with some upgrades. No improvements to the collision and damage mechanics, no major gameplay improvements, nothing. They're so focused on adding cars and adding tracks and making everything look good that the gameplay itself gets neglected. Was pretty disappointed with GT5 even though it looked amazing and the cars drove very well, prob won't get GT6.

It's a shame to think how good that game could be.

Xbox one seems pretty average to me. Selling mine so I can get a PS4. Looking to pick up MLB the Show once it comes out.

Did that about a month and a half ago. The party system was awful and I didn't like the controller at all. Sad I sold it right before Titanfall came out, but more than happy that I'm back with PS4 with PSNow coming this summer. Infamous Second Son looks great and stoked for the free games I get each month as dont starve and Outlast are both awesome.

Did that about a month and a half ago. The party system was awful and I didn't like the controller at all. Sad I sold it right before Titanfall came out, but more than happy that I'm back with PS4 with PSNow coming this summer. Infamous Second Son looks great and stoked for the free games I get each month as dont starve and Outlast are both awesome.

Haven't bought either yet but I've always been a xbox guy and the controller is the biggest reason for me hesitating to make the switch to PS.

The bumpers on the xbox one controller are tough to use and the analog sticks have a pronounced dead zone in them that doesn't bode well for FPS usage IMO.The vibration in the back triggers is nice though but drains your controller quickly. Both controllers die fast though it's just that xbox uses batteries and ps uses a built in rechargeable one. The game libraries are similar but with Titanfall coming out I can see the early swing towards xbox one. All about preferences though. I prefer the PS4 heavily over the Xbox One after owning both consoles. NBA2k14 is a must own if you enjoy sports at all though.

Xbox one seems pretty average to me. Selling mine so I can get a PS4. Looking to pick up MLB the Show once it comes out.

Doesn't surprise me. I know several people that have done the same thing as well.

Haven't bought either yet but I've always been a xbox guy and the controller is the biggest reason for me hesitating to make the switch to PS.

Simple answer is to get a 3rd party controller that is in the xbox layout. Having used both the PS3 pad, and the 360 pad with my PC, I like the layout of the PS pad better, but the size of the xbox is more comfortable as I have fairly large hands.