Spotty at best: Bo Pelini will resign following Iowa game

For some reason I feel I know where this bull sh#t is coming from. Got a facebook message from a buddy that said he heard from a "media source" that Bo will be bought out at the end of the year. I then sent a message to a respected member of this board and he told me that a "media source" told someone in confidence that he will never write anything positive about Bo and he writes every article about Husker football with the idea of Bo getting canned. If this is coming from the same source, this guy can f#*k off and I would enjoy doing what the Green Street Hooligans do to filthy muck-raking journos.

With the above said, I don't put much stock into this guy that started this rumor. Even if it is true, the "source" he got it from will obviously never tell him anything again or told him this with every intention that he would do what he did. Also, to our lawyers or law students on the board, if I were Bo Pelini and I did this dumb f#*k claimed he did there would be an iron clad non-disclosure form to any and all in the room that witnessed me sign my resignation papers. What you think??

When this is not true, this guy and the audio-tape gate guy become our Steve Bartman. f#*k them and they should be ashamed to call themselves fans of Nebraska. This is the same thing as rooting for your team to lose. You take an unwarrented swipe at the program with the intention that it will hurt it only to try to get people fired?? f#*k you and I hope you are reading this.

All-in-all, I am putting my head in the sand and not going to worry about this sh#t. It is another bull sh#t distraction from football that our team doesn't need and something that is out of the control of (at least I believe) all on this board.

^^^^ This x 10 ^^^^

GREAT POST.

Idk why any coach with Bo's contract would resign. If I was in his position and thought I would be fired, I'd make them fire me and take the buy out.

No sh#t. I argued this a while back when the resignation thing came up, and got jumped all over by a few folks. Some poeple are just so stupid and are so anxious to spew their crap, in turn putting even more harm on the program, that they throw out all common sense.

Seriously lets think about Bo's personality, does he seem like the guy that would passively sign resignation papers? If they asked him to resign, especially with 3 games to play, he would tell everyone to F--k off, if they did it again he would call Bill King and tell them to F--k off on national radio.

Also having the "closest staff" in america, if this actually happened I could see the whole staff walking out with Bo, and the players pulling a gambling!

Regarding the staff - if Bo is fired, the staff will not be kept, aside from one or two guys for "continuity" to help the players bridge the transition.

Remember after Frank's firing, the short-term retention of Gill & Brown, and Callahan's firing the short-term retention of Watson & Gilmore. If Bo is fired, odds are good one or two coaches will be asked to stay on, but the rest will go.

Here's my hot take for the evening: Dude be trollin'.

Keep in mind this isn't the first unsubstantiated rumor this season about Bo's dismissal. Red Sea Scrolls was dead sure Bo was gone in the wake of Audiogate, and so tweeted. Anonymous people have been unqualifiedly asserting that Bo is done all across the interwebz after each loss. I don't understand why this rumor seems any more legit.

Plus, maybe it's just me, but it's sketchy when these blockbuster leaks occur late at night. BS is ferretted out quicker during the day. If I wanted to start a rumor, I'd do so late so it could fester overnight.

Finally, the part about Bo resigning (as opposed to being fired at the end of the season) does not pass the sniff test. The only reason I can think of for why a HC would resign would be that there is some very dark dirt about to be exposed. I don't think that's the case with Bo. I find it hard to believe that that Bo, or any HC at a major program, would resign out of a sense of honor. Has anyone ever done that?

If a school wants to fire the HC for poor performance, it pays whatever penalty is in the HC's contract. Bo, or any HC for that matter, isn't going to turn down liquidated damages out of a sense of selfless devotion to the school that wants to kick him to the curb. Plus, I thought there was some recording where Bo tells Nebraska that it can stuff itself.

This sounds like the most reasonable explanation. The whole thing sounds like an elaborate and quite brilliant troll. And Husker nation is buying it hook, line and sinker. For a few days anyway.

This too shall pass.

Can't imagine he would resign and then coach more games. Really can't believe he would resign period. Plus to me the canidates list looks bogus. Tressel is still under show cause for multiple more years. Can not for the life of me see Nebraska voluntarily taking on ncaa probation for a coach. Smart has never coached outside of the southeast and has turned down a number of jobs there. Has been with saben since lsu and makes like 1.5 mill as an assistant. I seriously doubt he would have any interest in Nebraska, nor would Nebraska want a first time hc that would likely have to make as much if not more than bo from day one.

Whole thing seems bogus. Maybe bo is about to be done, but I don't think it goes down like what is claimed by this guy.

Regarding the staff - if Bo is fired, the staff will not be kept, aside from one or two guys for "continuity" to help the players bridge the transition.

Remember after Frank's firing, the short-term retention of Gill & Brown, and Callahan's firing the short-term retention of Watson & Gilmore. If Bo is fired, odds are good one or two coaches will be asked to stay on, but the rest will go.

So Barney and his child bearing wife will be kept on for continuity purposes! :lol:
  • Fire 1