Sources: "Mark Richt's heart has always been in Lincoln, NE"

I love Richt for a lot of reasons - runs a clean program, gives back to the community, is earnest in his (Christian) faith, etc.

but nothing on paper suggests he would be remarkably better than Bo here. He's had marginally more success with significantly more talent.

This is pretty accurate!

But he has better hair :sarcasm and less volatility than Bo (B1G image).

I love Richt for a lot of reasons - runs a clean program, gives back to the community, is earnest in his (Christian) faith, etc.

but nothing on paper suggests he would be remarkably better than Bo here. He's had marginally more success with significantly more talent.

This is pretty accurate!

But he has better hair :sarcasm and less volatility than Bo (B1G image).

He got a 15 yard penalty during his last game for yelling at the refs. Just Sayin.

No thanks on Richt, he's got great talent at Georgia and can't seem to perform year in, year out with the talent he has. We need someone who's going to come in here and compete for the B1G the first season they're here. It's possible, with the B1G being a lower level conference right now than the SEC, that he could do that, but I don't think so.

There's going to be a huge risk with finding even a "proven" headcoach, but hell....why can't NEB do it!? Look at Wiscy....there's a prime example. Gary Anderson has Wiscy not missing a beat and they are arguably only a 1 loss team this year. They were competitive with the best team in the conference and have smashed almost every opponent they have come up against this year. Also, Wiscy under Anderson.........they are BETTER than they were last year.

Yet, I agree with you. I wouldn't want Richt as a hire......great guy it seems, but he doesn't do more with less from what we can all observe. He under performs with all that talent at his disposal.

I'm sure thats because he's in the $EC and that conference is so loaded the rest of the football world isn't good enough to drink the spit from those teams. Any other conference he's 12-1 every year. (He loses the NC game against the $EC team). I'm sure after 6 years of those losses we'll fire him anyway. By that time Tressel will have come back to a mid major after his show cause is us. Have won a 2 conference championships at that level and be ready to come back to the B10. And he's proven that he can beat those guys at their own game. We better start adding tat shops and high risk car loan places to Lincoln right now.

Works in theory. But won't Tressel be like 100 years old in six years? :lol:

He's really a vampire so we're sold for the next 50 yrs.

Why else would you wear a sweater vest?

Let me start by saying I will be pissed if Bo isn't our coach next year, but that isn't for this thread...... for conversation sakes, I am a 100% Mark Richt fan..... He is a good recruiter, great guy (players love him)....

I could also get behind the whole Tressel thing and ESPECIALLY Chris Peterson....

But Bo will be here.

I think Richt would be a very good fit and I like the guy, a lot. Landlord made a good point that I have seen plenty about Richt; He has had only marginally better results with significantly better talent. But, imo, that might not be taking it a step far enough. He has also had to compete against significantly better competition in conference. I haven't looked at his exact schedules but one would think multiple SEC conference games every year might lead to some losses. I wonder if he's getting blown out in a couple of those or if he's regularly dropping games that Georgia shouldn't.

I'm not saying Richt would be better than Bo or that I want any change at all. Just saying, from what I know (which ain't much sometimes) that he would be at the top of my short list if we are in the market for a coach. I find it hard to believe he would leave a place like Georgia to come here unless he's getting pressure there.

There is a lot of talk in the SEC about schedules, Bama, normally gets the easiest schedule, well according to Less Miles. It does come into play how close Saben is with the SEC headquarters. I believe the individual that makes the schedule is a Alabama grad.

I think, they play a tougher schedule than we do or have. He is good person, kids love him and he does have Nebraska ties. I would have no problem with him. If we have to change, I do not want a start over training situation again. I want an experienced head coach, success in a tough conference as a head coach. He fits that. And head to head he holds the record over Bo at Nebraska. Not sure where they are in SEC, but Bo was not the head coach there.