Sources: "Mark Richt's heart has always been in Lincoln, NE"

Tressel is a douche bag. If we hire him I will never root for Nebraska again. I will sell all of my stuff and never watch a husker football game again.

I'm curious as to what you would tell a Husker fan who doesn't want to watch the games because he thinks Bo Pelini is as bad for the program as you think Tressel would be.

• Fire 1

Richt doesn't seem like such a bad hire. Maybe he can do better than Bo. Perhaps not. Of course, it's impossible to say. He's done some good things at Georgia.

i think this point, that you are subtlety making, is often ignored. so much of what makes good coaches and good teams is the fit between the two. nothing exists in a vacuum. this is why i would be worried about peterson from boise st. maybe he is just really good at finding and getting the most out of the players he is able to get there and in that system in that conference, but would not be able to do the same here.

it will always be a process of trial and error.

Richt doesn't seem like such a bad hire. Maybe he can do better than Bo. Perhaps not. Of course, it's impossible to say. He's done some good things at Georgia.

It's funny but I am sort of thinking the same thing. When I think of Mark Richt I instantly think of a coach who's teams never really made a lot of noise. Georgia's won 2 SEC Championships since he took over in 2001 so that's quite a long time. His overall record is what is kind of impressive, 124–44 (.738).

He definitely seems like a good person so he gets a thumbs up in the likeable dept for me but moreso that's a positive in the eyes of fans as well as recruits. Like Tressel I also think he could definitely recruit much better than Pelini so I like that aspect also. Definitely.

Tressel is a douche bag. If we hire him I will never root for Nebraska again. I will sell all of my stuff and never watch a husker football game again.

Got any sweatshirts size "L"? I'll take them, and your red Sansabelts . :lol:

It's funny but I am sort of thinking the same thing. When I think of Mark Richt I instantly think of a coach who's teams never really made a lot of noise. Georgia's won 2 SEC Championships since he took over in 2001 so that's quite a long time. His overall record is what is kind of impressive, 124–44 (.738).

He definitely seems like a good person so he gets a thumbs up in the likeable dept for me but moreso that's a positive in the eyes of fans as well as recruits. Like Tressel I also think he could definitely recruit much better than Pelini so I like that aspect also. Definitely.

Like I said previously, I really like Mark Richt. But what I just do not understand is the generally positive mindset towards him in contrast with the negative mindset towards Bo when the two are barely different.

The biggest argument I keep seeing against Bo is that we're stuck - we won't collapse, but we haven't gotten any better or made progress for years now and that's unacceptable. Then I look at Richt, and hate to say it, I see the exact same thing. Don't misunderstand me he has achieved better results than Bo has, no question, but we're dreaming if we think the prevailing mentality amongst Georgia fans is any different than the one we have towards our guy. His best season was his second one, and since then he's had success and he's also had two absolute thumpings in championship games, a losing season, 8-5, 9-4, etc.

Both of his conference championships were in the first 5 years of his job. So over the last seven years, he's been the same as Bo - close, but not there.

I don't know - I just don't think his resume warrants the hype when we're so keen on getting rid of our own guy.

Good coach, but one who has consistently underperformed with some of the best talent in the country.

Huh what? Weren't they an eyelash away from playing for the NT last year?

But he couldn't get his team motivated for the bowl game......

You mean the consolation prize of playing a team that had 70 points dropped on them by a rushing offense...

Like I said previously, I really like Mark Richt. But what I just do not understand is the generally positive mindset towards him in contrast with the negative mindset towards Bo when the two are barely different.

The biggest argument I keep seeing against Bo is that we're stuck - we won't collapse, but we haven't gotten any better or made progress for years now and that's unacceptable. Then I look at Richt, and hate to say it, I see the exact same thing. Don't misunderstand me he has achieved better results than Bo has, no question, but we're dreaming if we think the prevailing mentality amongst Georgia fans is any different than the one we have towards our guy. His best season was his second one, and since then he's had success and he's also had two absolute thumpings in championship games, a losing season, 8-5, 9-4, etc.

Both of his conference championships were in the first 5 years of his job. So over the last seven years, he's been the same as Bo - close, but not there.

I don't know - I just don't think his resume warrants the hype when we're so keen on getting rid of our own guy.

I'm on the fence about him and I know this is all hypothetical anyway. I guess the more I thought about it though maybe it wouldn't be such a bad hire after all. As for the negative mindset towards Bo I'd say the big difference is that Richt's teams are at least in the hunt more than they're not. Not so much the case for us. They've finished in the top 5 five times since Richt's been the coach there for a little perspective.

Yeah...you know, I'm not much a fan of saying "this conference is so much tougher", but Richt has four Top 10 finishes (one was borderline) and one Top 5 finish in years that he hasn't won the SEC. That's pretty impressive. If Bo is going six years without a CCG trophy but that drought has a 12-win season sprinkled in, can't think of anyone who would have too much of a problem with that.

Yeah...you know, I'm not much a fan of saying "this conference is so much tougher", but Richt has four Top 10 finishes (one was borderline) and one Top 5 finish in years that he hasn't won the SEC. That's pretty impressive. If Bo is going six years without a CCG trophy but that drought has a 12-win season sprinkled in, can't think of anyone who would have too much of a problem with that.

Yes. I would agree. If Pelini has even just one of those seasons sprinkled in I think that makes his seat much less hotter in the eyes of many. Maybe even myself.