So Bo's staying. Now what?

papersun87

Now that Eichorst has confirmed that Bo's staying, what does he need to do to win YOU over, Bo-leaver?

First, winning a bowl game sure would help. Everyone feels a little cheerier after a bowl win. And if the opponent happens to be Oklahoma or Texas then all the more.

Second, failing that, a staff shakeup would go a long ways. I am of the opinion that Papuchis, Beck, Els, and Dobson all need pink slips. While I think Kaczenski, Fisher, Brown, Joseph, Cotton, and Garrison have earned their stay I sure hope if Bo is going to shake things up he would hire externally and not promote (which is part of to Bo-haters' beef against him) and surely any new OC/DC would bring in their own guys.

• Fire 1

Second, failing that, a staff shakeup would go a long ways. I am of the opinion that Papuchis, Beck, Els, and Dobson all need pink slips. While I think Kaczenski, Fisher, Brown, Joseph, Cotton, and Garrison have earned their stay I sure hope if Bo is going to shake things up he would hire externally and not promote (which is part of to Bo-haters' beef against him) and surely any new OC/DC would bring in their own guys.

yeah, can't wait for bo to revamp his staff and then after another disappointing season next year all of the bo-supporters saying bo deserves one more year for his staff to settle in and we are so close but they need to get their players in their systems.

• Fire 2

I'm to the point now to where I have realized nothing is a guaranteed win. As long as Bo is coach this team will always have turnover issues, will always lose games they shouldn't, and never win a big game when it matters. But, he can turn it around. He needs to let Dobson and Beck go, do more live hitting in practice, and have a clear offensive scheme next year.

• Fire 2

yeah, can't wait for bo to revamp his staff and then after another disappointing season next year all of the bo-supporters saying bo deserves one more year for his staff to settle in and we are so close but they need to get their players in their systems.

I think if Bo revamps his staff and we stumble to a similar season, then by all means he should go.

I think if Bo revamps his staff and we stumble to a similar season, then by all means he should go.

If Bo revamps his staff and we have a similar season, don't kid yourself, we will blame the failures on the fact that the new staff just didn't have enough time to install their coaching systems. Thus 2 MORE YEARS 2 more years!

Exactly. Assuming there isn't some back-room politicking going on like some are guessing, I think Bo would have to realize that 2014 will have to mean results. I don't think even many Bo supporters would still be able to have his back at that point.

If Bo revamps his staff and we have a similar season, don't kid yourself, we will blame the failures on the fact that the new staff just didn't have enough time to install their coaching systems. Thus 2 MORE YEARS 2 more years!

I won't.

This still doesn't mean that he will be the coach after the bowl game. I don't think this is over yet if you read into SE comments. If that is the case I don't like it, that will be too long to wait to fire him.

As for winning me over again? I don't think he can, I would respect him more if he resigned as he is an embarrassment to the school and a very poor representation of it. If he is truly retained, it probably has more to do with Tom screwing the athletic department over by giving him that undeserved extention which severely raised his buyout.

Exactly. Assuming there isn't some back-room politicking going on like some are guessing, I think Bo would have to realize that 2014 will have to mean results. I don't think even many Bo supporters would still be able to have his back at that point.

There would have to immediate results next season. It can be done. It's been done throughout college football. None of this "we need time" crap. If a dramatic change isn't seen next season, by all means, Bo needs to go.

A revamped coaching staff and style needs to happen. Paps is not DC material. At all. Beck just goes stupid way to much during games. Special teams needs to be focused on.

I don't think Paps needs to go. But Beck can and should leave.

Personally, I've never been impressed with him as DC. Like Beck, there are too many ups and downs with this defense. If the defense was at least consistent, I could see keeping him on. But I've seen too many instances where the defense looks impenetrable then we see where they couldn't stop themselves by running into a wall.