Playoff System

Scratchtown

I know we are moving to a playoff system but I still think that it should be the 5 conference champions (Screw the makeshift Big east) and the 3 highest ranked non conference champs. Also do the same as the BCS and have no more than 2 reps per conference.

After the conference title games it would look something like this. How can you not get behind a playoff built like this?

1. Florida State

8. Oregon or the loser of Pac12 title game

5. Oklahoma State

4. Alabama

3. Auburn

6. Arizona State/Stanford

7. Baylor

2. Ohio State.

I know we are moving to a playoff system but I still think that it should be the 5 conference champions (Screw the makeshift Big east) and the 3 highest ranked non conference champs. Also do the same as the BCS and have no more than 2 reps per conference.

After the conference title games it would look something like this. How can you not get behind a playoff built like this?

1. Florida State

5. Oklahoma State

4. Alabama

3. Auburn

7. Baylor

2. Ohio State.

I actually really like the idea.

That's why I like 8. It's enough that BOTH the people who want Conf Champions AND the people who want "at large" will get their say. If you win your conference, you're in, and if you don't but still have a great season, you're also in.

It would solve this year's dilemma for sure of OSU/FSU/Auburn.

It's a long time coming. I REALLY hope that the 4 team moves to 8, and I think it will.

• Fire 1

The only thing I'd change is to take any conference champion that finishes in the Top 12 or so. That way it's open to anyone but you still have to be really good. Plus - and it's not such a big deal now that the Big East fell apart - you don't automatically make it just because you won a poor conference. A Northern Illinois or Fresno State (Boise State of the last several years) could still get in without having to be really high in the rankings. That might put Northern Illinois in at #8 in the OP.

1. Florida State

5. Oklahoma State

4. Alabama

3. Auburn

7. Baylor

2. Ohio State.

I actually really like the idea.

I've always said that conference champions should be a major part of this.

I like this idea.

1. Florida State

5. Oklahoma State

4. Alabama

3. Auburn

7. Baylor

2. Ohio State.

Put MSU at 8 and you've got it.

Its gotta take all 5 major champs. If not, why play for them? It gives more incentive to win every week. The problem with at larges is that 3 more SEC teams get in off bias alone. Id add at least a 6th conf champ from the smaller leagues ranked the highest. Then two more at larges.

Its gotta take all 5 major champs. If not, why play for them? It gives more incentive to win every week. The problem with at larges is that 3 more SEC teams get in off bias alone. Id add at least a 6th conf champ from the smaller leagues ranked the highest. Then two more at larges.

It's not as likely now that the Big East isn't in the picture but there were a couple years where the Big East champion was about 8-4 - not deserving in my opinion. I'd only take two per conference - if you're only the third best in your conference, you're not the national champion, imo.

It's not as likely now that the Big East isn't in the picture but there were a couple years where the Big East champion was about 8-4 - not deserving in my opinion. I'd only take two per conference - if you're only the third best in your conference, you're not the national champion, imo.

A 5 loss SEC team is still better than an undefeated B1G or ACC team, I thought you knew this by now.

A 5 loss SEC team is still better than an undefeated B1G or ACC team, I thought you knew this by now.

True, but they'd still be ranked #3 so they'd still be in.