Fired coaches 2013

Amac3309

Mostly wanted to start this for 2 reasons, see if there was anyone we would realistically look at adding to the staff and see if programs that had disappointing seasons made changes, here is what I have so far;

Wyoming Dave Christensen fired

USC Ed Orgeron resigned

Wake Forrest Jim Grobe resigned

UCLA RB's coach Steve Broussard fired

Iowa St OC Courtney Messingham and RB's Kenith Pope fired

Florida OC Brent Pease and OL Tim Davis fired

Keep updating as changes happen

Not firing, but is anyone else flabbergasted that Sark gets the USC job when his best season at UDubs was 8-4?

They were 0-11 the year before he took over, (5-7 and 4-9 the two years before that), for most of those years he was playing against USC, Oregon, and Stanford every year, and he'll now have access to loads of 4 and 5 star recruits which he didn't have before. So no.

Not firing, but is anyone else flabbergasted that Sark gets the USC job when his best season at UDubs was 8-4?

They were 0-11 the year before he took over, (5-7 and 4-9 the two years before that), for most of those years he was playing against USC, Oregon, and Stanford every year, and he'll now have access to loads of 4 and 5 star recruits which he didn't have before. So no.

Sark has been there for 5 seasons. His records: 5-7, 6-6, 7-6, 7-6, 8-4. I guess he was slowly improving, but I'm amazed with all the time the USC AD had to find candidates that he didn't make a bigger splash hire. Maybe he'll do really well there, we'll have to see.

Sark has been there for 5 seasons. His records: 5-7, 6-6, 7-6, 7-6, 8-4. I guess he was slowly improving, but I'm amazed with all the time the USC AD had to find candidates that he didn't make a bigger splash hire. Maybe he'll do really well there, we'll have to see.

You realize that Sark was there during the Carroll tenure right?

You realize that Sark was there during the Carroll tenure right?

Only his first season. Carroll left after the 2009 season.

Sark is a really safe hire for USC. I give this hire a B. He was with the program prior and now cut his teeth as the headman at Washington. I was somewhat surprised they did not pull a big major splash hire. Sark is similar to Lane Kiffen minus all the douchebagginess. :lol: He is a good offensive mind, knows SoCal and will pull recruits, good demeanor...he has some good things going.

The most interesting part of this hire to me is that it leaves a vacancy at Washington and in the past Mora Jr. has made it well known he wants to coach at his alum school Washington. Mora Jr. turned the tables on the UCLA vs. USC rivalry and now USC may have just pushed a coach they could not beat and was taking over LA out of UCLA if Washington makes a big run at Mora Jr.

USC has had 13 coaches hired since 1950 or something, 11 of them have been on the staff prior. It is a pattern that has not changed. Some are quite upset over the hiring.

I think that's the key. Pat Haden is by all accounts completely bought into the "USC Way" and was likely intent on hiring someone with USC ties. So the coaching search in many ways resembled Nebraska's in 2007, where Osborne focused the search on candidates with Nebraska ties. I think that's a pretty asinine way to conduct a search for what amounts to a CEO-level position.