Fired coaches 2013

Amac3309

The most interesting part of this hire to me is that it leaves a vacancy at Washington and in the past Mora Jr. has made it well known he wants to coach at his alum school Washington. Mora Jr. turned the tables on the UCLA vs. USC rivalry and now USC may have just pushed a coach they could not beat and was taking over LA out of UCLA if Washington makes a big run at Mora Jr.

Yeah, that's the word. I'd be shocked if it happened though. Mora is riding the crest of a great turnaround. And the Washington job would pay less (I think--wouldn't it?), be much tougher to recruit to, and just isn't as good a gig as it is to coach in Westwood. Then again, stranger things have happened. :lol:

Funny how people complain about a guy coming in knowing "XYZ School's way" then when another school hires one of their own it's a "surprise or bad higher"... I think it's smart.. The last "splash or surprise higher" was Kiffin... That hasn't work at OAK, TN, our USC... Sark has proven he is willing to come in and work & Ed O. made the position not look like a lost cause..

Not surprised Peterson took a pass but I was a little surprised they went with Sark. I figured Del Rio or maybe Franklin.

Rumor has it Del Rio was the first choice, but he wouldn't allow an announcement until Denver's season is over. Hayden feared the impact that would have on recruiting and thus took Del Rio out of contention for the job.

Not surprised Peterson took a pass but I was a little surprised they went with Sark. I figured Del Rio or maybe Franklin.

Rumor has it Del Rio was the first choice, but he wouldn't allow an announcement until Denver's season is over. Hayden feared the impact that would have on recruiting and thus took Del Rio out of contention for the job.

Makes sense. This is the same reason I don't think there will be a major coaching change for us this year. Have to do it early, wait to long and you really hurt yourself in the recruiting.

These current two weeks are vital.