2014 Alternate Unis?

Redux

Here's the best pic I can find:

Clemson+v+South+Carolina+R_kUrM8wp3Dl.jpg

I knew the mockup wasn't 100%, but didn't know if showing a picture of the actual uni's would be effective towards the point of "Clemson does alternates too" to Nebraska fans that might not spot the differences. I like the look, though.

Would you consider the purple tops as an alternate also?

Depends on the era. Now, yes. We've worn them once in the past 3 years, and that was against the Citadel last year for a purple out as a tribute to Purple Heart recipients. Back from 2004/2005 to 2007, we wore them quite often, so I wouldn't call them alternates then.

• Fire 1

Oh, and StreeterCL, it's weird that you are so selective of your big-time program list to conveniently, or so you thought, fit your agenda of "we shouldn't do alternate uniforms", when you left out:

Ohio State

Concept for Ohio St Alt Uni for this year. Not great, but on average, I like most alt uni for one game.

BhL9BJaCAAEOw_c.jpg

• 1 month later...

I don't really care what we do. I have always been a fan of Oregon and their unis, but Nebraska isn't Oregon. I know this is over used but, Alabama and Oklahoma don't do that sort of stuff.

Auburn = no

Florida St = Not really occasional "unconquered" black

Alabama = no

Oklahoma = NO

Texas = No

Clemson = No

Stanford = No

LSU = No (I don't count the shiny Gold helmet)

USC = NO

Marquise Doherty@conKEYSEtador Protected Tweets 4h

@SportsCenter: Florida State unveils new uniforms for the Seminoles, including a brand new all-black look. pic.twitter.com/PrgcMaMg9w

Bk-cwdEIgAALXqe.jpg

Bk-cwcVIYAAjPn2.jpg

Bk-cwdoIgAAnXew.jpg

I don't really care what we do. I have always been a fan of Oregon and their unis, but Nebraska isn't Oregon. I know this is over used but, Alabama and Oklahoma don't do that sort of stuff.

Auburn = no

Florida St = Not really occasional "unconquered" black

Alabama = no

Oklahoma = NO

Texas = No

Clemson = No

Stanford = No

LSU = No (I don't count the shiny Gold helmet)

USC = NO

Marquise Doherty@conKEYSEtador Protected Tweets 4h

@SportsCenter: Florida State unveils new uniforms for the Seminoles, including a brand new all-black look. pic.twitter.com/PrgcMaMg9w

Bk-cwdEIgAALXqe.jpg

Bk-cwcVIYAAjPn2.jpg

Bk-cwdoIgAAnXew.jpg

angry-no.gif

Question: Since NU/WISC is going to be an annual thing starting this season, do you think Adidas is going to try to make that the alternate uniform game every season (The Quick and The Red branding and everything)?

I hope so. Our uniforms and helmets are so close in design and color it is hard to differentiate who's who. Force one team to wear mostly black or make it all red vs. all white.

Something has to be changed consistently.