"Former WR says Iowa defamed him" -ESPN Article

Creighton Duke

Johnson-Koulianos posted a series of comments Tuesday on Twitter alleging that Ferentz discouraged NFL teams from pursuing Johnson-Koulianos in the 2011 draft.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10173504/iowa-hawkeyes-respond-ex-wr-derrell-johnson-koulianos-alleging-defamation-twitter

Really too bad if it's true. Some guy makes a mistake and gets booted off the team, but to possibly slander him and, in the process, hurt his future is terrible. I'm sure that there are two sides to the story, but this doesn't make Ferentz and crew look all that nice

On one hand so it defamation of its true? On the other, in the workplace when asked about an employee you are only supposed to verify employment and not discuss anything that may potentially bar the employee from getting the job

I'm not sure, but I don't think it is defamation either. However, I still think that it would suck if they went out of their way to try to mess with this kid's future.

This is what I got from people in Iowa City:

He was living in a house that drugs were being sold out of with his knowledge and he was heavily partaking in said drugs and procuring them for other members of the team. There were a LOT of suspensions and people leaving the team surrounding that entire situation.