Good article on Ganz

http://www.omaha.com/article/20131229/HUSKERS/131239968/1002#shatel-gator-bowl-is-road-s-end-for-joe-ganz-once-again

As is NUpolo8's way, I really enjoyed this article and found several things I can look at and probably read too much into....

-Was probably pretty clear Ganz was moving on, but this confirms it.

-Kinda interesting that Kellogg is stepping in, I think he'd be a pretty good coach.

-This article infers that Ganz played the back half of that game with a pretty serious concussion. You could discuss how this applies to the "Bo cares about his players....More than Winning" line. I'm sure Casey Martinez and Cody Green could talk about this too.

-Ganz is right, if he had a year left in 09, Nebraska wins the XII going away.

NUpolo8's summation, another article that adds to the discussion on both sides.

I am sure Bo will give Ganz a strong recommendation to any school. Plus, all these coaches know each other, so I am sure Bo can use his contacts to find Ganz a full-time coaching gig or another GA position (not sure if he is allowed to do another GA stint at another school).

Yes, it would be nice if Ganz were able to stay at NU, but there aren't any open spots on the current staff. Also, if his name weren't Joe Ganz, people would be complaining about his resume and lack of coaching experience.

• Fire 1

-This article infers that Ganz played the back half of that game with a pretty serious concussion. You could discuss how this applies to the "Bo cares about his players....More than Winning" line. I'm sure Casey Martinez and Cody Green could talk about this too.

By the same token the understanding of concussions has come a pretty long way in the last 5 years, even the last 2 or 3 for that matter.

Because Bo personally gave him the concussion tests and cleared him to return?

• Fire 1

Because Zac Taylor overrode the head coach and threw Ganz back in there anyway against Bo's pleas?

I just pointed out something I found to be interesting. It's also interesting how many times Bo seems to be cool having a QB playing when he's severely twinged.

Because Zac Taylor overrode the head coach and threw Ganz back in there anyway against Bo's pleas?

I just pointed out something I found to be interesting. It's also interesting how many times Bo seems to be cool having a QB playing when he's severely twinged.

Or maybe Bo just struggles maintaining depth behind the starting QB, so the next guy in line is so bad a 60% starter is better than a 100% backup.

Or you could take the whole context and see that most of the time there was literally no alternatives left (that doesn't excuse Green, but like I said knowledge is different now). Bo isn't alone in this, Pinkle left Gabbert in a few years back when he was visibly wobbly after a hit against us.