New DB Coach Search

2 years in the CFL? I would still like a guy with more. NU fans will recognize the name immediately, but unsure about the rest of the college world. If true, not the "splash" I was hoping for. I look at who is hiring who in the college football world recently (and firing guys who are not getting it done) and NU sits by and watches schools get further and further ahead........If Barron, hopefully he will be like Fish and be one that is a keeper. Just think in Bo's "do or die year" (my opinion) he needs to bring in a ringer, make adjustments and possibly let guys go.

Seriously doubt we get a "splash" hire. Not sure anyone taking a job as a DB coach anywhere would really be a "splash" hire.

But I agree in that I love Miles but I don't think he's my first choice.

247 is saying watch for Barron Miles to get it.

That would surprise me a little base on the fact that Bo stated he wanted someone with a fair amount of college coaching experience. If the coaches aren't getting 2 year contracts I could see this happening. I don't know why he would have ties to Bo other than through maybe RB.

He was a special teams hero for us. Don't know if he could coach that for us or not. If he actually knows anything about it I'd be for him on that alone.

Im really hoping for someone that's gonna land us some big time recruits. I said in another thread that I wasn't overwhelmed by TJs recruits especially the defensive backs. Husker fans admiration for TJ didn't equate to the level of recruits that should come with such thoughts of the guy. Imo

TJ wasn't a bad recruiter. He had a pretty tough job. His area was in the heart of the SEC. Hard to pull a kid up here. But he got us in some doors that we never would have that might pay off down the road. We still have to worry about 2 or 3 guys that might look around because hes not here. Hell...might be RF coaching them.

Rumblings that Charlton Warren, the D Coordinator for Air force will be announced as our DB coach soon. May be true, may be untrue.

66985ea004899cc1039f8348cb18ee03.jpeg

-- Charlton Warren, Air Force associate head coach, defensive coordinator and secondary coach. He just completed his ninth season overall and second as associate head coach and defensive coordinator at Air Force. He was co-defensive coordinator and secondary coach for four seasons and recruiting coordinator for six seasons prior to 2012. In 2011, the Falcons ranked third nationally in pass defense. This past season, they slid to 114th nationally in total defense while finishing 2-10. http://journalstar.c...19bb2963f4.html

Rumblings that Charlton Warren, the D Coordinator for Air force will be announced as our DB coach soon. May be true, may be untrue.

-- Charlton Warren, Air Force associate head coach, defensive coordinator and secondary coach. He just completed his ninth season overall and second as associate head coach and defensive coordinator at Air Force. He was co-defensive coordinator and secondary coach for four seasons and recruiting coordinator for six seasons prior to 2012. In 2011, the Falcons ranked third nationally in pass defense. This past season, they slid to 114th nationally in total defense while finishing 2-10. http://journalstar.c...19bb2963f4.html

Also was Air Force's recruiting coordinator before become defensive coordinator so that sounds good to me.

Also was Air Force's recruiting coordinator before become defensive coordinator so that sounds good to me.

If you're a football recruiting coordinator at AF you dont really do much. These kids are being recruited to be in the AF and football is a perk. Much more important things than football for an AF student. They are not just committing for 4 years.

Now saying that, i'd rather have a good DB coach than a good recruiter and im glad to see Bo go "outside the family." And with new recruiting dept it shouldnt be as big of a deal, if we ever get it up and running! So far behind on that it isnt funny.

I also like the fact he will be bringing his military background and can hopefully help with ingraining the importance of discipline, work ethic, and teamwork.