SIGNED WR Jariah Tolbert

I bet they try to turn him into a DB much like SJB. Just looking at his measurables.

Have you watched the film? I already know the answer if you believe he could be a DB. He has terribly slow feet, change of direction, and unfluid hips. He runs a 4.87 electronic timed 40. At WR, at least in the red zone he can run down 15 yards and try to out jump the CB. Absolutely no chance at DB for him, though

• Fire 1

Pulling this post from the other thread on Jariah Tolbert to try and pump a little sunshine into this thread. With players like Speedy Noil, Gerald Willis, and our own Jaevon Walton, this is definitely high praise. Welcome, Tolbert.

From his coach at Edna Carr.

“Of all my guys, Jariah has the biggest upside,” Jones said. “You’re talking about a guy who could be a 4.4 wide receiver who could weigh as much as 220 pounds. He’s a big, vertical, downfield receiver. He’ll fit in well in the Big Ten.”

-Remember he coaches the #1 ATH in the nation who also plays WR.

5826.StephenColbertGIF.gif

• Fire 1

What's this mean for the wrs who were set to visit? Blair mainly

I'm guessing it means we don't like our chances.

Or maybe we don't like our chances with Harrison and the MLB.

Yeah, I didn't want to go there. Thanks a lot. ;)

Gotta face it...tried to tell myself Bubba wouldn't. I don't wanna go down that road again...

I like it! Get him in the weight room for a year or two and go from there! If his coach likes his upside I do too! Not everyone blossoms their JR or SR year of high school. Love his size and athleticism! I heard the same things about Leroy Alexander being a 2 star safety out of Toledo too

What do you like about his athleticism? Serious question. He runs an electronic timed 4.87 40, which is exactly the same time as a current 290 pound DT commit. His vertical, as measured at a combine is 29.4 inches. His shuttle time is 4.4 seconds, which great if you're a 330 pound offensive tackle entering the draft.

You can like his size all you want, but don't sit and tell me you like his athleticism when he will honestly be one of the least athletic kids on the entire team - including offensive lineman from small town Nebraska.

I love this get. Everyones 40's at the SPARQ is bad. Not many kids truly run a 4.4. This kid is big and will fill out nicely. Nebraska did their hw once again and now we should all get ready to see the typical texas tech, baylor, arkansas, and tcu offers come through.

• Fire 1

I like it! Get him in the weight room for a year or two and go from there! If his coach likes his upside I do too! Not everyone blossoms their JR or SR year of high school. Love his size and athleticism! I heard the same things about Leroy Alexander being a 2 star safety out of Toledo too

What do you like about his athleticism? Serious question. He runs an electronic timed 4.87 40, which is exactly the same time as a current 290 pound DT commit. His vertical, as measured at a combine is 29.4 inches. His shuttle time is 4.4 seconds, which great if you're a 330 pound offensive tackle entering the draft.

You can like his size all you want, but don't sit and tell me you like his athleticism when he will honestly be one of the least athletic kids on the entire team - including offensive lineman from small town Nebraska.

Tolbert doesn't run a 4.87 lmao.

It was electronic timed at a SPARQ combine last summer. I suppose you flew down to Louisiana with your 40 electronic machine timer and recorded a different time? What did you clock him at?

Since there is no way he increased his speed over the course of the year at all.

I clocked him at the same speed your brain apparently works: 0.

• Fire 5

Athleticism is has nothing to do with a 40 time bro!