Spring Game April 12

Herbie87

I didn't realize so many people were fans of watching golf on TV. How? Why? I don't understand.

I used to think that the Golf Channel was either a mistake by TV execs or simply paid for by equipment suppliers. How can anyone watch golf for hours on end, and especially how can it compete in any way with Husker football? I'm legitimately curious.

I don't normally watch golf, but when it comes to The Masters or The British open then I'll watch.

I didn't realize so many people were fans of watching golf on TV. How? Why? I don't understand.

I used to think that the Golf Channel was either a mistake by TV execs or simply paid for by equipment suppliers. How can anyone watch golf for hours on end, and especially how can it compete in any way with Husker football? I'm legitimately curious.

I might be more fanatical about golf (the game, not any particular golfer) than I am about Husker athletics. I watch the Golf Channel quite a bit. As for the Masters, it is great TV. That place is unbelievable and it is mostly commercial-free. The golf played there is generally more exciting, too.

Tailgate?

Yep. It's here in Auckland, I'll have lemon-garlic shrimp, mussels, scallops, wrapped lemon-orange snapper, sausage, and eye fillet steaks on the grill. Everyone is invited. Just make sure you give yourself about a 20-22 hour flight window to get back to Lincoln for the game ;)

• Fire 1

I might be more fanatical about golf (the game, not any particular golfer) than I am about Husker athletics. I watch the Golf Channel quite a bit. As for the Masters, it is great TV. That place is unbelievable and it is mostly commercial-free. The golf played there is generally more exciting, too.

Oxymoron

edit: ok, I only hit a bucket of balls and play a round with my Dad on Father's Day if I'm in the States, and I don't pretend to like watching it unless I need a nap. But it's not too bad to be out actually doing once a year. I thoroughly enjoy smacking trees and constantly searching in the rough, ditches, 4 miles from the actual course, etc. for my ball.

Tailgate?

Yep. It's here in Auckland, I'll have lemon-garlic shrimp, mussels, scallops, wrapped lemon-orange snapper, sausage, and eye fillet steaks on the grill. Everyone is invited. Just make sure you give yourself about a 20-22 hour flight window to get back to Lincoln for the game ;)

My buddy is a professor out there...I can't remember the name of the university, there is more than one, right?

Masters and US Open are obviously great but this is my favorite time of year for golf too. Love the early tourneys at Kapalua, La Quinta, Riviera, Torrey and of course the Pebble trio.

• 4 weeks later...

Nebraska Huskers@Huskers

Over 25,000 tickets sold so far.

I'd feel a lot better about my tickets if they'd email them to me like I requested. Ten days later and I still don't have my tickets. I have a pending credit card change (thanks, Target!) and I'm holding off until I get these tickets to be sure the charge goes through.

Any day now would be nice. And a better explanation than "We're waiting to send out a mass email" would be nice, too. They don't do that with any other purchase-at-home tickets I've bought. Why the change?

Nebraska Huskers@Huskers

I'd feel a lot better about my tickets if they'd email them to me like I requested. Ten days later and I still don't have my tickets. I have a pending credit card change (thanks, Target!) and I'm holding off until I get these tickets to be sure the charge goes through.

Any day now would be nice. And a better explanation than "We're waiting to send out a mass email" would be nice, too. They don't do that with any other purchase-at-home tickets I've bought. Why the change?

Did they send them out right away last year? Seems like it took awhile but I don't remember for sure.

Nebraska Huskers@Huskers

I dont think they send them out till a week or so before the game, Knapp. I had this issue a couple years ago and was worried so I called them that's the explanation they gave.