New DB Coach - Charlton Warren

QMany

Warren is a 1999 graduate of the Academy where he earned his bachelor's degree in human factors engineering. He was also a three-year football letterman as a defensive back. Warren won the team's Mr. Intensity Award as a senior and helped the program to two consecutive 10-win seasons for the first time in school history in 1997-98 and the only outright conference title in 1998.

Sounds good to me, another intensity guy.

As a process, it refers to the design of machines, machine systems, work methods, and environments to take into account the safety, comfort, and productiveness of human users and operators. As a profession, human-factors engineering includes a range of scientists and engineers from several disciplines that are concerned with individuals and small groups at work.

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/275693/human-factors-engineering

human-factors engineering, also called ergonomics, or human engineering, science dealing with the application of information on physical and psychological characteristics to the design of devices and systems for human use.

The term human-factors engineering is used to designate equally a body of knowledge, a process, and a profession. As a body of knowledge, human-factors engineering is a collection of data and principles about human characteristics, capabilities, and limitations in relation to machines, jobs, and environments. As a process, it refers to the design of machines, machine systems, work methods, and environments to take into account the safety, comfort, and productiveness of human users and operators. As a profession, human-factors engineering includes a range of scientists and engineers from several disciplines that are concerned with individuals and small groups at work.

Link

Aside from that, he'll just be a yes man for Bo just like the rest of the staff.

How do you know this? Presumption just because of Bo or is every position coach a yes man for every head coach.

Fair question. What changed mid-season? Did Bo take over the D, or did he relinquish more of the D to JP?

I don't really know Q. I've just heard it a few times from others that he tends to direct rather than trusting his coaches in their responsibilities. I think KC brings up a good topic that hasn't been discussed much here if at all. Why the turnaround mid season? Yes, the guys gained experience. They grew comfortable in their roles and the coaches mixed personnel often to find the right guys in those roles. Sure that helped. Still, if you watched, it seemed the entire style changed. The whole philosophy of the defense went from patty cake patty cake, to an attacking, blitzing aggressive defense. What, or who brought on these changes? Clearly it worked.

I think this is a solid hire. I know many wanted Marvin (including me) but Warren is a high-energy relentless recruiter. Not to mention he is from Atlanta and there is a lot of overlooked talent down there. I lived there a couple years. Plus he has connections all through the Rockies which will help as well. Color me excited to see what this guy can do.

Warren is a 1999 graduate of the Academy where he earned his bachelor's degree in human factors engineering. He was also a three-year football letterman as a defensive back. Warren won the team's Mr. Intensity Award as a senior and helped the program to two consecutive 10-win seasons for the first time in school history in 1997-98 and the only outright conference title in 1998.

Sounds good to me, another intensity guy.

Nice copy past job :P just kidding man lol.

Anyway, for those who don't know much about him, here is his bio from AF.

http://www.goairforcefalcons.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/charlton_warren_439557.html

To me, he looks to be a solid hire. There is obviously something about this guy Bo likes, and he has had a great track record on secondary coaches so far.

If the guy was Chair Force, I don't see all the accolades about being hard-nosed and whatnot. Everyone in the military knows that a bad day in the Air Force is when their A/C goes out....

That being said, if he can bring discipline and agressiveness to our defensive backs and maybe to other portions of our defense, I'll love this guy.

Oh, and before anyone gets all poopy for bagging on him being Chair Force, I was in the Army lol.

The more I find out about this guy the more happy I am with the hire. He is a high energy guy that is always jumping around at practice to get the intensity up, something I think we need more of. From Georgia and recruits the area very well, AFA has 15 players on their roster from Georgia.

Reaaaaaaaaalllly..........

Hmmmm....

Air Force ranked #77 in opponents pass yards gained at 239.7 per game.

Ranked #116 in scoring defense.......not good.....

Hopefully it works out.

He has had some pretty stellar secondaries in his career there. Has had top 20 passing defense multiple years there(#2 in 2010, # 6 in 2011, etc.)

Not a bad hire I don't think, Has a bunch of recruiting ties to GA as well.

Good to hear. I only looked up 2014 and wasn't impressed.

You'll feel much better if looked deeper. 2014 was a rough year all around for AF.

"Last season, the Falcons led the conference and ranked third nationally in pass defense with a 166.8 per-game average. Prior to that, the Falcons ranked second nationally in pass defense with a 147.8 per-game average in 2010."

"The 2009 squad recorded 20 interceptions and helped the team to a +22 turnover margin, which led the nation. The secondary unit led the way for a defense that was first in the conference and ranked fifth nationally in pass defense with a 154.3 mark."

Does this mean Nebraska getting their own jet for recruiting? They can save a lot of money and not have to pay for a pilot when Warren can fly the jet.

Haha that would be bad ass.

"Well Mr. Lawrence, I would love to have a sit down in Florida with you and your parents and talk about the possibilities of you being a future Husker. We will be there shortly"

in an interview with HOL.

Lawrence stated "They were here in 45 minutes. Coach Warren and Bo flew a F-16 and parked it right on my street. I think I am going to love this school so I committed right away"

We could only wish :)