Less than a month away

With the return of three stud starters, a closer, and influx of young arms... sure you're replacing some bats but you're also bringing in exciting young guys with loads of potential... this year is gonna be fun. I'm a little surprised more people aren't talking about it yet. The run to a B1G Title and hosting a regional begins in a mere 29 days!

With the return of three stud starters, a closer, and influx of young arms... sure you're replacing some bats but you're also bringing in exciting young guys with loads of potential... this year is gonna be fun. I'm a little surprised more people aren't talking about it yet. The run to a B1G Title and hosting a regional begins in a mere 29 days!

Wow. Only 29 days to increase the temperature 29 degrees. One degree per day shouldn't be that difficult should it ?

BASEBALLLLL!

Unlike the past 2 season, we need to begin the season on a good note ad cruise from there. The past 2 season we had t catch up to everybody else and that wasn't good enough for the NCAA tournament. Hopefully Erstad does something a little different this year because I don't think I can take another short season.

BASEBALLLLL! Unlike the past 2 season, we need to begin the season on a good note ad cruise from there. The past 2 season we had t catch up to everybody else and that wasn't good enough for the NCAA tournament. Hopefully Erstad does something a little different this year because I don't think I can take another short season.

I would love to see us sweep the Big Ten Pac 12 challenge,.

Those would all be big wins but we still have to go 2-2 at worst in weekend number 1 for any momentum at all going into the B1G Pac 12 Challenge.

Edit: adding that I think our best case scenario for our first 10 games is going 8-2 losing 1 game in each the Husker classic and B1G Pac 12 Challenge and sweeping The Citadel.

Worst case is going 4-6 winning only 1 in the first 2 weekends and going 2-1 against The Citadel.

I just hope we play hard every game and don't blow it in the 9th inning. I expect to be 7-3 after 10 games.

Those would all be big wins but we still have to go 2-2 at worst in weekend number 1 for any momentum at all going into the B1G Pac 12 Challenge.

Edit: adding that I think our best case scenario for our first 10 games is going 8-2 losing 1 game in each the Husker classic and B1G Pac 12 Challenge and sweeping The Citadel.

Worst case is going 4-6 winning only 1 in the first 2 weekends and going 2-1 against The Citadel.

I just hope we play hard every game and don't blow it in the 9th inning. I expect to be 7-3 after 10 games.

Which is fully acceptable. HELL I WANT 10-0!

I want to see the Huskers come out minumum 2-1 in both the first two weekends. Would love to see a sweep of the Beavers, since they have a game in each of the first two weekends, but even a split will tell us where we are at after playing the #4 ranked team in the Collegiate Baseball News preseason rankings. Nice to see the Skrs getting votes in that poll. Also love the idea of the B1G - Pac 12 challenge. It's a chance for Nebraska, IU, and MSU to make a statement early on in the season. B1G 9-0 over the Pac 12 for the weekend. That would be sweet!!!

I'm looking for our kids to keep fighting in these early games and scrap out wins--too often we had good non-con teams on the ropes early last season, only to give away leads or blow games with boneheaded plays.

We should have the horses to win all of our non-con series...the question is if those horses are mentally prepared/hardened to do so.

Having followed the baseball team as a relatively so-so fan from about the time of D.E. to about 2008, and then becoming a real avid Husker baseball fanatic after that, I don't remember if there has been as much buzz about a Husker pitching group like this year's group since maybe the 2005 team. Would that seem about right?

I don't remember if there has been as much buzz about a Husker pitching group like this year's group since maybe the 2005 team. Would that seem about right?

2006 had Joba Chamberlain, Johnny Dorn and Tony Watson back. That rotation was pretty hyped up, although the results didn't turn out as well as Chamberlain/Duensing/Kroenke/Dorn/Watson in '05 (turns out Childress was a decent pitching coach :P). This year could be close, especially if Sinclair and maybe Burkamper and/or Knutson perform well. Getting Silva was a major coup.