SIGNED (2015) PF Edward Morrow

• 4 weeks later...

This is a lot better option than a 2 yr. Jr. college kid. Hopefully, his NU ties will have him playing for the Huskers!

and if he were to leave after his sophomore year? or doesnt contribute until his junior or senior year? or transfers after his freshman year? shouldnt ever discount jucos they can have a tremendous affect on a program if used properly.

This is a lot better option than a 2 yr. Jr. college kid. Hopefully, his NU ties will have him playing for the Huskers!

and if he were to leave after his sophomore year? or doesnt contribute until his junior or senior year? or transfers after his freshman year? shouldnt ever discount jucos they can have a tremendous affect on a program if used properly.

Desert, we are looking at 2 3-star kids. A 3-start kid is most likely not going to leave after his soph. year. I am just saying after a year to get a custom to playing in a new system, you have 1 year with a juco and 2 to 3 years with HS player. I have no problems with Jucos if they fill an immediate need or have 3 years of eligibility, You can not build a team on Jucos. In this situation, I would take the HS kid over a 2 yr. juco.

Desert, we are looking at 2 3-star kids. A 3-start kid is most likely not going to leave after his soph. year. I am just saying after a year to get a custom to playing in a new system, you have 1 year with a juco and 2 to 3 years with HS player. I have no problems with Jucos if they fill an immediate need or have 3 years of eligibility, You can not build a team on Jucos. In this situation, I would take the HS kid over a 2 yr. juco.

I would agree with you about football. But, I believe basketball is somewhat different. If you can plug in a 2 for 2 JUCO guy and get maybe 1.5-2 years out of him then that is fairly decent. Nowdays, good HS kids are being pressed into playing time very early. Very seldom do good HS basketball players redshirt. What you get then is a JUCO player who at least has had 1-2 years of (what you would hope) good college coaching and playing against decent college talent. That JUCO kid should come in more prepared to play at this level than a HS kid.

I would agree with you about football. But, I believe basketball is somewhat different. If you can plug in a 2 for 2 JUCO guy and get maybe 1.5-2 years out of him then that is fairly decent. Nowdays, good HS kids are being pressed into playing time very early. Very seldom do good HS basketball players redshirt. What you get then is a JUCO player who at least has had 1-2 years of (what you would hope) good college coaching and playing against decent college talent. That JUCO kid should come in more prepared to play at this level than a HS kid.

I did not mean that they would redshirt, I meant that it takes a year to learn a new system and play together. As Hawkins & Webster are still finding their way. Smith is ok, but he is no more than spot player. I can not remember one Juco that came to NE & was a great player. It has always been in year 2.

• 1 month later...