On The Road To 2014 NSD

This is who I have left on the board,

DE: Kevin Bronson, Lloyd Tubman, Spencer Williams

LB: Raymon Minor, Fred Warner

CB: Kweishi Brown, Deion Hallmon, Chris Jones, Michael Johnson

RB: Mikale Wilbon, Kalen Ballage, Corey Avery, Taurus Phillips (no offer)

WR: DeSean Blair, Glenn Irons, Eric Lauderdale

OL: Nick Gates, Kenyon Frison, Denzel Ward

I think we take 2 DE, 2 CB, 1 OT, 1 WR or LB, 1 RB. My guesses are Bronson, Tubman, Brown, Hallmon, Wilbon (wishing for Ballage), and Gates (we are dark horses here, but coaches have worked hard on this). WR would come down to Blair or Irons. Irons will be likely, but I think the staff is looking for a Enunwa-type, which Blair fits better. This leaves no room for a LB, but Minor might surprise everyone (another dark horse pick), in which case, I think we only take one DE.

Still curious how the numbers are going to work out. With Afalava gone and 19 commits, we only have two openings right now. Jay Guy seems likely to leave and maybe Okuyemi. Haven't really heard of anyone else leaving. So that's about four spots plus possibly one more depending on how much the coaches know about Moss. Any more than four more commits would almost have to mean that they know someone else is leaving that we haven't heard about yet.

That's why I was a little surprised that we've already started hearing about walk-ons getting scholarships. Burtch deserved it and isn't surprising but Austin Williams has me a little puzzled.

I think we finish with, in order of confidence:

Gates

Irons

Wilbon

Parks

Bronson

Pittman

Wildcards (I think we could take 7 more since Harrison is likely gone): Outing (DE w/o an offer yet, former Cal decommit. Supposably would commit as soon as offered), Blair (I know he says we are the favorite, but I think Dad wins out....hope not!)