Recruits Decommitting

im all in favor of wanting too... but honestly this class isn't exactly where i would want it.. .the odds of a class overall turning out better is obviously greater when you are recruiting a higher number of high caliber guys.... can't say that this class won't be great its just seems things can be real hit or miss at this point.. I'm hoping for hit or somewhere in between (at the least)

Yeah, I was one of them. The majority seemed quite confident in his tweet that he was golden.

Regardless, it's always funny how decommits suddenly become horrible people who will fail at life.

Well. When you COMMITT to something and then back out of it, it usually says something about your character. It's called "COMMITTING" for a reason.

I hear ya, bro.

Unless they were previously COMMITTED to another school then they decide to come to NEBRASKA. Then it's just bein FRICKEN smart!

In my mind, I've always been a little iffy on even the guys who decommitted from somewhere else and flipped to Nebraska. There's just an issue there. You obviously have some mind-changing tendancies on top of the fact that you simple do not understand the concept of a "committment". So I say, we will be better off without him and Slade. One way or another. People bitch about Bo and his misses and how he cant afford any recruiting misses, and then blow the top off when he finally does go after some high profile guy, and when it turns out such guy probably wont even get into to school. The double standards are f'ing sickening.

• Fire 2

I guess i dont see how anyone could expect this recruiting class to resemble anything close to elite with all the public speculation about Bo's job. He's on the hot seat. It's no secret. He's gotta find a way to get something done with what he's got and go from there. Not that we really know anything about this class anyway.

Considering what happened at the end of the season I'm hopeful. Look how banged up our kids were yet, there were other kids who stepped up and did their job. Did they make mistakes? Sure, but for rookies they did a pretty good job. I know we're losing some great players but we've got some really good kids coming back in the fall. I think people are going to be surprised at what NU does in the fall.

I guess i dont see how anyone could expect this recruiting class to resemble anything close to elite with all the public speculation about Bo's job. He's on the hot seat. It's no secret. He's gotta find a way to get something done with what he's got and go from there. Not that we really know anything about this class anyway.

Florida has a top 10 class and is currently a dumpster fire with nearly every fan in Gainesville wanting Muschamp's head.

Texas is still doing quite well for themselves despite year-long speculation about Mack's job and him actually being forced to resign.

USC is still in the top 20 despite not even having a head coach for most of the season.

Not all the exact same scenario, but I think you're grasping for an excuse on this one. The fact is we should still be able to pull in quality classes regardless. The only argument to be made is whether or not this class can be described as quality, which time will tell.

• Fire 2

Florida has a top 10 class and is currently a dumpster fire with nearly every fan in Gainesville wanting Muschamp's head.

Texas is still doing quite well for themselves despite year-long speculation about Mack's job and him actually being forced to resign.

USC is still in the top 20 despite not even having a head coach for most of the season.

Not all the exact same scenario, but I think you're grasping for an excuse on this one. The fact is we should still be able to pull in quality classes regardless. The only argument to be made is whether or not this class can be described as quality, which time will tell.

Must be great to have all that talent in your backyard that's gonna wind up at your program regardless of the coach or the current program prestige.

Would we be having these issues if Nebraska high school football was pumping out the number and caliber of players equal to that of Florida, Texas, and USC?

It's so much easier for programs like that.

Also Landlord. I'm not looking for an excuse. I'm stating a probable fact. The speculation is hurting. I dont think the speculation is undeserved either. The seat's as hot as it's ever been especially after the off-field antics that happened this year. It's a simple fact that Bo has got to get something done to get over the hump somehow with the guys he got in the last two cycles. There's some talent there. We've seen that already. Not saying there's no talent in this class, but it's not near the caliber of the last. Now, it appears the 2015 class is shaping up ok at the moment, but winning will go a long way in fixing a lot of issues in this aspect of the program right now.

People bitch about Bo and his misses and how he cant afford any recruiting misses, and then blow the top off when he finally does go after some high profile guy, and when it turns out such guy probably wont even get into to school. The double standards are f'ing sickening.

that is not a double standard. people want good recruiting classes. that would ease a lot of tension for the poor on-the-field production. this class is not very good. people blew the top off because our hopes for a decent class was pinned to one juco transfer that fell threw. it bo was casting a wider net with top talent and maintaining an early, decent class, this is a non-issue.

• Fire 1

Also Landlord. I'm not looking for an excuse. I'm stating a probable fact. The speculation is hurting. I dont think the speculation is undeserved either. The seat's as hot as it's ever been especially after the off-field antics that happened this year. It's a simple fact that Bo has got to get something done to get over the hump somehow with the guys he got in the last two cycles. There's some talent there. We've seen that already. Not saying there's no talent in this class, but it's not near the caliber of the last. Now, it appears the 2015 class is shaping up ok at the moment, but winning will go a long way in fixing a lot of issues in this aspect of the program right now.

Fair enough. I personally don't think it hurts as much as you or others think it does, but to say it's not an element at play would be ignorant.

Of course it will be easier for teams like those I listed. It always will be - even if we had Tom Osborne and they had Ron Prince. But they're still getting it done on the recruiting trail, so to say that the speculation around Bo's job is anywhere close to the primary reason for our lackluster recruiting I think is incorrect. And TheSker, look at their averages and not their quantities, and you'll see they are still REALLY good classes despite coaching changes, coaching hot seats and instability.

Our staff can either whine about it and play the victim whilst not changing their approach, or they can decide to work harder and do everything they can to get it done despite a slightly stacked deck.

Location (USC), location (Texas), location (Florida)

So we won't ever be able to keep up with the big boys with more geographically advantageous circumstances then?

You're right. Why even try.

Forgive me of being ignorant but I don't understand what this argument is about. Florida, Texas, and USC have had better classes than NU last year too but they didn't do anything better than the Huskers by way of performance on the field.

Location (USC), location (Texas), location (Florida)

So we won't ever be able to keep up with the big boys with more geographically advantageous circumstances then?

You're right. Why even try.

Forgive me of being ignorant but I don't understand what this argument is about. Florida, Texas, and USC have had better classes than NU last year too but they didn't do anything better than the Huskers by way of performance on the field.