Recruits Decommitting

I guess i dont see how anyone could expect this recruiting class to resemble anything close to elite with all the public speculation about Bo's job. He's on the hot seat. It's no secret. He's gotta find a way to get something done with what he's got and go from there. Not that we really know anything about this class anyway.

Florida has a top 10 class and is currently a dumpster fire with nearly every fan in Gainesville wanting Muschamp's head.

Texas is still doing quite well for themselves despite year-long speculation about Mack's job and him actually being forced to resign.

USC is still in the top 20 despite not even having a head coach for most of the season.

Not all the exact same scenario, but I think you're grasping for an excuse on this one. The fact is we should still be able to pull in quality classes regardless. The only argument to be made is whether or not this class can be described as quality, which time will tell.

Must be great to have all that talent in your backyard that's gonna wind up at your program regardless of the coach or the current program prestige.

Would we be having these issues if Nebraska high school football was pumping out the number and caliber of players equal to that of Florida, Texas, and USC?

It's so much easier for programs like that.

I dunno, maybe? Hawkins from Omaha Central went to Oregon and ended up being a decent WR for them and Nebraska didn't even bother. Turns out he made the right choice anyway.

I guess i dont see how anyone could expect this recruiting class to resemble anything close to elite with all the public speculation about Bo's job. He's on the hot seat. It's no secret. He's gotta find a way to get something done with what he's got and go from there. Not that we really know anything about this class anyway.

Florida has a top 10 class and is currently a dumpster fire with nearly every fan in Gainesville wanting Muschamp's head.

Texas is still doing quite well for themselves despite year-long speculation about Mack's job and him actually being forced to resign.

USC is still in the top 20 despite not even having a head coach for most of the season.

Not all the exact same scenario, but I think you're grasping for an excuse on this one. The fact is we should still be able to pull in quality classes regardless. The only argument to be made is whether or not this class can be described as quality, which time will tell.

All schools that basically recruit themselves. I'm not satisfied with our class by any means, but I'd expect 5 to 7 more commits before signing day. Our coaches do it every year.

Do you have any credible written source(s) that Pelini is on the hot seat? Feel free to share it/them......I'll be waiting......thanks.

Nobody here has first hand knowledge of SE's attitude towards Bo other than his public statement at the end of the year supporting him.

However, that isn't what recruits care about. Perception is everything in this. If fans are in an uproar over their coach it is going to be perceived as he is "on the hot seat". That is what is going to be on their minds. They aren't going to look for a direct statement from the administration.

Must be great to have all that talent in your backyard that's gonna wind up at your program regardless of the coach or the current program prestige.

Would we be having these issues if Nebraska high school football was pumping out the number and caliber of players equal to that of Florida, Texas, and USC?

It's so much easier for programs like that.

I dunno, maybe? Hawkins from Omaha Central went to Oregon and ended up being a decent WR for them and Nebraska didn't even bother. Turns out he made the right choice anyway.

He was an average WR in a great offense. Was he better then QE, Kenny, or the glimpse's that JT, Westerkamp and hell even Burtch have shown? He had just over 650 yards in his entire career there and 9 total TD's. Not sure we should classify that as a huge miss by Nebraska.

Do you have any credible written source(s) that Pelini is on the hot seat? Feel free to share it/them......I'll be waiting......thanks.

Are you expecting a memo from the Athletic Director?

You going to give him any evidence or not? I would like to know also.

Evidence and credible, written sources are two different things, and the lack of the latter does not imply lack of the former, nor does it have any bearing on whether or not Bo's seat is or isn't hot.

• Fire 1

No matter if he was or wasn't or is or isn't on the hot seat with SE. The perception outside the program was that he WAS on the hot seat. Watch Landlord's video at the 4 minute mark and tell me the perception wasn't that he was on the hot seat. Heck, watch the press conference after the Iowa game and tell me Bo didn't think he was on the hot seat.

With recruits and anyone outside the program, perception is reality.

I heard from Bo's aquarium guy that while cleaning the aquarium he had to use his toilet, and it was a heated toilet seat.

Bo himself thought he was gone. Not just immediately after the Iowa, but during the game as well. In fact, if you were to get an honest answer from him, he'd probably say he was 100% sure. I like Bo. Everyone knows this. And I believe he should remain our coach. I believe in his process and I think he's getting better little by little and that we should stick with it. It's just my opinion. But I'll be honest, walking out of that stadium that day, seeing what I had just saw, and getting to my truck in time to hear that presser, there wasnt one part of me that wasnt 100% sure that be the next morning we were going to be discussing a coaching search for real. I was shocked by Eichorst's statement of support the next day.

We can't speak as to what Pelini thought. We don't know, but I certainly didn't think he was gone.....I thought it would be way too risky to let him go (thus my HB vote)......and I believe ADs as a general statement are risk averse. With that said, I'm also referring to the here and now, and I don't believe Pelini is on any hot seat....but I know there is no source to confirm he is.....and the opposite is more true. To say he's on hot seat is an individual feeling toward the situation. But it is individual speculation, which is of course perfectly fine on the internet, ESPN or OWH.