Recruits Decommitting

We can't speak as to what Pelini thought. We don't know, but I certainly didn't think he was gone.....I thought it would be way too risky to let him go (thus my HB vote)......and I believe ADs as a general statement are risk averse. With that said, I'm also referring to the here and now, and I don't believe Pelini is on any hot seat....but I know there is no source to confirm he is.....and the opposite is more true. To say he's on hot seat is an individual feeling toward the situation. But it is individual speculation, which is of course perfectly fine on the internet, ESPN or OWH.

Well, as of now, no he's not I guess. He's gonna be the coach throught the 2014 reg season for sure. We know that. And unless the team goes through some sort of complete meltdown and the wheels come off and there becomes a disconnect within the program, he's not gonna get canned in the middle of the season either. The best thing he can do obviously is run off 5-6 wins in a row to cool it down a little. Now if we come out and are challenged or even lose at Fresno, and lose to Miami, it's gonna start getting real tough. The conference slate strengthens back up again a little with Wiscy and Ohio St.

I would bet my house that Pelini is included in nearly every "hot seat" article printed next season. He can't survive a 7 win season, maybe not an 8 win season. If that's not a hot seat, I don't know what is. It has nothing to do with whether you want him here or not, or I want him here or not. His time is running short. I'm sure many of us have been in similar position in our jobs a time or two. Sometimes it works out. Other times it doesn't. But his job security beyond next season is slim at best. Bo would probably be the first to admit that.

Location (USC), location (Texas), location (Florida)

So we won't ever be able to keep up with the big boys with more geographically advantageous circumstances then?

You're right. Why even try.

That is quite the leap. It just makes sense that the teams that are located near the most high school talent are going to be able to pull better players more consistently. Its not easy to convince a kid to come to the middle of the country to play football at Nebraska when schools closer to home are also calling. I know its hard to see that through scarlet colored glasses. Not saying it isn't doable, just difficult.

Location (USC), location (Texas), location (Florida)

So we won't ever be able to keep up with the big boys with more geographically advantageous circumstances then?

You're right. Why even try.

Here is a question for you.

Name a school that is not close to a hot bed of talent that has brought in the type of talent consistantly like you expect Nebraska to do?

Maybe Michigan, maybe. They are still much closer to the talent in Ohio/Penn.

The state of Michigan itself produces so much more talent then Nebraska.

According to 247:

5 4stars

24 3stars

Nebraska on 247:

6 3stars. (one is Kenzo Cotten heading to run track at Arky and one is Tay Bender at Iowa Western CC.)