Husker Volleyball Recruiting Thread

• 1 month later...

Signed today:

Hunter Atherton, 5-11, Setter, Prospect, Ohio (Dublin Coffman HS)

• Will join the Huskers from Dublin Coffman High School in Dublin, Ohio
• On track to graduate early and join the Huskers for the 2016 spring semester
• Ranked the No. 41 prospect in 2016 by PrepVolleyball.com and the No. 8 setter
• Named an Under Armour First-Team High School All-American
• All-Ohio First-Team selection
• Leads Dublin Coffman High School, Ohio’s No.1-ranked team entering this weekend’s state tournament
• Averaging 9.6 assists per set as a senior with 137 kills, 67 blocks and 37 aces
• Played club volleyball with Mintonette Sports VBC

Atherton: "I chose Nebraska for its amazing volleyball culture, unparalleled atmosphere on game day, the integrity of the coaching staff, and the ideas that the University of Nebraska has on developing the person as a whole. Nebraska truly feels like home to me and I am very excited to officially become a Husker!"

Alex Ratzlaff, 5-10, Outside Hitter, Hillsboro, Kan. (Hillsboro)
• Will join the Huskers from Hillsboro High School in Hillsboro, Kan.
• Averaged 7.0 kills and 5.8 digs per set as a senior, leading Hillsboro to a 27-13 record in Kansas 3A
• Had 6.8 kills per set as a junior to lead the Trojans to the Kansas 3A state championship match with a 39-5 record
• Won state titles with Hillsboro as a freshman and sophomore
• Selected to the USA Volleyball High Performance Indoor Women’s Junior A1 National Training Team Program
• MaxPreps Small Schools All-American
• Kansas Volleyball Association All-State First-Team selection
• Served 413 career aces at Hillsboro for a 26.7 ace percentage

Ratzlaff: "The tradition and reputation at Nebraska is second to none. I feel honored to have the privilege of playing in such a respected volleyball program. I can't wait to play in front of the most loyal fans in the nation! Go Big Red!"

Lauren Stivrins, 6-4, Middle Blocker, Scottsdale, Ariz. (Chaparral HS)
• Will join the Huskers from Chaparral High School in Scottsdale, Ariz.
• Ranked the No. 9 prospect in 2016 by PrepVolleyball.com and No. 3 middle blocker
• Led Chaparral to the Arizona Division I state tournament as a senior with 5.3 kills per set, playing outside hitter
• Trained with the USA Volleyball High Performance development program
• Arizona All-State Honorable Mention
• Added 147 career blocks, 92 aces and 459 digs
• Father is Alex Stivrins, a member of Lincoln East’s 1978 Class A state championship basketball team and former player at Creighton and Colorado
• Played club volleyball for AZ Storm, which won the 16 open division at the USA Volleyball junior national championships in 2014

Stivrins: "I chose to be a Husker because of the winning tradition, not to mention the fact that no venue compares to the Devaney Center, and nowhere else can you find a fan base so loud and proud as the University of Nebraska. The sky is the limit when it comes to Nebraska volleyball, and there is no other program that I'd rather reach it with. Go Big Red!"

Huskers.com

• Fire 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The question Capri Davis had been waiting on for months was written in neat block letters on the silky sand of a Hawaiian beach. And before the encroaching tide could wash it away, she knew the answer.

Davis, a volleyball prospect from Mansfield, Tex., phoned Nebraska coaches in Hawaii, where NU is in the middle of its beach volleyball season, to let them know she would accept their offer to join the Huskers in the class of 2018.
"Once my dad finally told me he was ok with me going,” Davis said, "I jumped into his arms and started crying."
Davis accepted Nebraska’s offer Sunday, a few days after receiving a picture hinting at the impending offer. In the wet sand leading into the surf was written “Capri? ... 2018.” Davis phoned Husker coaches on Saturday, who formally extended a scholarship offer. After sleeping on it and talking with her family, Davis accepted the next day.
The 6-foot-1 Davis, who is finishing her sophomore year at Lake Ridge High School near Dallas, was named named first team All-District 14-5A by the Dallas Morning News. A middle blocker her first few seasons, she said she will begin training to play outside hitter at the college level with her Texas Image club team in hopes of becoming a six-rotation player. That would be a similar path to NU freshman Mikaela Foecke who moved to outside hitter after primarily playing middle in high school.

OWH

I guess I'd be OK with it if she followed in Foecke's footsteps....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Congrats, to our newest recruit and my cousin, on her commit to the Program

Anezka Szabo

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/anezka-szabo/iCNOUDNrEeS00gAmVebEWg/default.htm

Awesome news! Another Husker from Sioux Falls!

Also, I'm guessing your family is Hungarian (ancestry) based on the dog breed and surname. Cool.

Edit* to be clear, I'm referring to Your profile picture, Vizsla1. The Vizsla is a cool breed of dog with an interesting history. Great companion and hunting dog, if a little on the hyper side.