Avery Moss situation: one year ban

C N Red

So if a girl were to flash publicly would she be banned from residence halls all year? That's the problem with zero tolerance policies, they are zero common sense. These are college kids. They are going to do stupid crap for unknown reasons (Source, I was a pro). If the kid is in good academic standing let him stay.

How many guys go runnin to whoever complainin about a college chik showin off here boobies? This wouldnt even be news if someone wouldnt've told someone. Not condoning here for it, but it's the fact. The authorities were alerted. Done deal, sadly.

Okay, but what about bad golfers playing under the Johnson Rule? You know the rule: if you fail to hit it past the ladies tee box you get a Muligan but are required to play the hole with your Johnson hanging out. Everyone else here plays golf with this rule, right?

:lol:

It seems like Moss is hopeful to the possibility of finishing his football career at Nebraska. I wonder if he will consider going to a JUCO for his sophomore year? He could continue his school enrollment and as part of the normal recruiting period for JUCO players would know if his campus ban would be lifted or extended to 4 years.....at which time he could sign elsewhere and still have 2 to play 2.

Sounds like the best idea for him. Produce a years track record for the disciplinary hounds to follow. But I still think there is more to the story. I find it hard to believe he did not know the exact date, or that his lawyer didn't, or for that matter the coaching staff.

So if a girl were to flash publicly would she be banned from residence halls all year? That's the problem with zero tolerance policies, they are zero common sense. These are college kids. They are going to do stupid crap for unknown reasons (Source, I was a pro). If the kid is in good academic standing let him stay.

How many guys go runnin to whoever complainin about a college chik showin off here boobies? This wouldnt even be news if someone wouldnt've told someone. Not condoning here for it, but it's the fact. The authorities were alerted. Done deal, sadly.

It is a sad deal. Moss's playing career and maybe his academic career might be over because the system has to protect the legal liability of old, rich, white men's asses, and apparently some convenience store worker is just horribly offended by visual male genitalia. Absolutely zero justice is being served from this. I hope he finds a way to play somewhere. Lawrence Phillips was given more than this, and he beat a woman.

Okay, but what about bad golfers playing under the Johnson Rule? You know the rule: if you fail to hit it past the ladies tee box you get a Muligan but are required to play the hole with your Johnson hanging out. Everyone else here plays golf with this rule, right?

This is a good question. Maybe golf courses are like international waters. Either way, does the ball have to just go past the ladies' tee in any direction, or be closer to the hole than the ladies' tee?

Sounds like the best idea for him. Produce a years track record for the disciplinary hounds to follow. But I still think there is more to the story. I find it hard to believe he did not know the exact date, or that his lawyer didn't, or for that matter the coaching staff.

I believe that he is appealing a 4 year suspension. He wants to play football & graduate as a Husker.

I doubt just setting around for a year is in his best interest, was what I was saying. Being in school, with a proven track record of compliance with rules would help. Might be able to play baseball or basketball to have access to training facilities at a major junior college? I have no idea on that truly. But like Thesker said, being somewhere rather than just taking the year off would be more favorable I would think.

This is a good question. Maybe golf courses are like international waters. Either way, does the ball have to just go past the ladies' tee in any direction, or be closer to the hole than the ladies' tee?

International waters? Yeah, that could explain why my golf buddies drink like sailors. As for the Johnson Rule I guess the ball can go in any direction so long as it doesn't go past the ladies tees. LINK

I don't feel sorry for him. When you do something stupid, bad things will happen. From the University's side of things, I can understand the action they took. No University wants to be seen as tolerant of any sort of sexual misconduct. They just can't take that risk.

Nebtraska isn't Michigan, that's for sure.

Boy, that is for sure.

I'll take beating them 3 out of 4 since 2008.

I don't feel sorry for him. When you do something stupid, bad things will happen. From the University's side of things, I can understand the action they took. No University wants to be seen as tolerant of any sort of sexual misconduct. They just can't take that risk.

Boy, that is for sure.

I was talking about Taylor Lewan.

Boy, that is for sure.

I was talking about Taylor Lewan.

Now that was the way to handle misconduct........