QB Lamar Jackson [Louisville Commit]

Mavric

The kid is a beast. Wants an offer from Miami. They are his favorite school, but they haven't shown him any love.

He will be on campus with his coach for a couple of days. VERY confident, comes across as cocky. Kind of reminds me of Johnny Manziel in his magician like play, strong arm, running style, and attitude when he talks. Seems to think he won't have to work hard and can come in right away and be better than the QB Nebraska has had he said.

Doesn't sound very smart when he talks and is kind of hard to understand but he is athletically gifted for sure.

4df6a4bbb38172854f3a30c080e6332d.jpg?ito

• Fire 2

The kid is a beast. Wants an offer from Miami. They are his favorite school, but they haven't shown him any love.

He will be on campus with his coach for a couple of days. VERY confident, comes across as cocky. Kind of reminds me of Johnny Manziel in his magician like play, strong arm, running style, and attitude when he talks. Seems to think he won't have to work hard and can come in right away and be better than the QB Nebraska has had he said.

Doesn't sound very smart when he talks and is kind of hard to understand but he is athletically gifted for sure.

Aldis-in-Friday-Night-Lights-Git-Er-Done

Aldis-in-Friday-Night-Lights-Git-Er-Done
Didn't Miami get their QB for this class?

Seems to think he won't have to work hard and can come in right away and be better than the QB Nebraska has had he said.

He's going to have to be confident. By the time he gets here were going to have an entrenched starter with a lot of guys in front of him. We're going to have to find someone like that for a second QB who's not afraid of competition.

If he is not ready to compete if he comes here, I would expect him to transfer after his 1-2 yr. We are stacked at young QB with little/no experience but all gifted, in their own right. There is no question he would have to compete for the position, and it would be up to him, in terms of effort and willingness to prepare, if he sees the field as a QB.

I like confidence, and cockiness is not always a bad thing at positions like QB or DB. No room for laziness or entitlement.

How dare him be confident he can complete more than 50 percent of his passes with a 1 to 1 td to int ratio. Bc that is what we have coming back. I think tommy will make a big jump this year but as an incoming guy I wouldn't be intimidated by what we have coming back.

If he comes, he will be up against a QB that has at least 1 yr starting experience (whoever that is) plus three other scholarship QB currently on the roster, and potentially Dillman coming at the same time (if he heals from injury). Confidence is great, but expecting to walk into the starting spot on day 1 without working for it is not realistic.

How dare him be confident he can complete more than 50 percent of his passes with a 1 to 1 td to int ratio. Bc that is what we have coming back. I think tommy will make a big jump this year but as an incoming guy I wouldn't be intimidated by what we have coming back.

But is comments aren't of a confident nature, they strike me as arrogant. If he comes here and fails to win the top spot, he'll be gone after a year.

If he comes, he will be up against a QB that has at least 1 yr starting experience (whoever that is) plus three other scholarship QB currently on the roster, and potentially Dillman coming at the same time (if he heals from injury). Confidence is great, but expecting to walk into the starting spot on day 1 without working for it is not realistic.

I wouldn't take what GKF said as gospel because she heard him talk once and jumped to a huge conclusion about him, that could be the furthest thing from the truth. Let's not spread that around like we know that's the way he is.

Top Three - in order - Florida State, Clemson, West Virginia

Now reportedly has a Top 5 of Nebraska, Auburn, Louisville, UCF and West Virginia. Only Louisville lacks a current QB commit. Not sure what happened to Florida State and Clemson. FSU has a QB who has been committed for some time but is lower-rated that Jackson. Clemson has two QB commits, one from before the previous post and one since but both are lower-rated.

I wouldn't take what GKF said as gospel because she heard him talk once and jumped to a huge conclusion about him, that could be the furthest thing from the truth. Let's not spread that around like we know that's the way he is.
Completely fair. I will take a step back and say, I would like to see he come in and compete for playing time. He could be a playmaker.