SIGNED QB A.J. Bush

Mavric

I wonder what made us go with him instead of Parks for an offer.

Gotta wonder if it's the same reason everyone else passed on Parks. It's a head scratcher, as he seems good enough. Usually I'd think grades or behavioral issues, but that seems unlikely for a kid that supposedly had interest from the Ivy League.

Parks made the decision not Nebraska. A.J. is great athlete that could also play WR.

Gotta wonder if it's the same reason everyone else passed on Parks. It's a head scratcher, as he seems good enough. Usually I'd think grades or behavioral issues, but that seems unlikely for a kid that supposedly had interest from the Ivy League.

Parks made the decision not Nebraska. A.J. is great athlete that could also play WR.

I wasn't aware that we ever offered Parks a scholarship.

No. We never offered.

I wasn't aware that we ever offered Parks a scholarship.

I never said that we offered, only that was his choice on the pass. Nebraska wanted him to visit and he decided not to.

Quote from the Atlanta Journal Constitution:

“This morning, my coach said Nebraska and Michigan are interested,” Bush told the AJC. “I was also supposed to hear something from Arkansas. A couple of hours later, Nebraska called back and they said it was a go.”

What does Bush think about the Big Ten school? “I was always waiting for a school like Nebraska to offer me,” Bush said. “You don’t find many schools with the tradition, history and success like Nebraska. I feel like it’s the right place for me. The offense is a good fit for me. I would love to go to a school like that.

Does Bush think he will commit this weekend? “I’m leaning toward Nebraska. I will most likely commit there. I’d say there’s a 95-percent chance. We’ll see how everything goes when I get here.”

Bush transferred from Milton to Norcross before his senior season. He completed 139 of 259 passes for 16 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. Bush is considered by scouts to be a raw and undeveloped talent with a good ceiling of potential. He passes all the eyeball tests with a frame of 6-foot-3 and 211 pounds.

http://recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2014/01/30/nebraska-extends-last-minute-offer-to-norcross-qb/

• Fire 1

His TD to int ratio is concerning but this guy has all the tools. Could be a pretty good prospect with the right coaching.

If that's the case, is Beck a good enough coach to develop him, or Ronnie K?

Not sure. But if this guy went to one of those QB coaches he could end up being a pretty good player.

His TD to int ratio is concerning but this guy has all the tools. Could be a pretty good prospect with the right coaching.

If that's the case, is Beck a good enough coach to develop him, or Ronnie K?

Maybe we should be looks at a QB coach for that position rather than a GA. We recruit a lot of dual-threat QB that have raw talent that needs to be molded.

• Fire 2