I hate to be 'that guy' but...

I love the fact that the coaches are beating every bush for good players to add to this years class, but I wonder if they actually know these 'new' prospects as well as they should.

I know that Ernest Settles was a late addition last year and he was removed from the team because of a behaivor issue. I doubt the coaches would have offered Settles early in the recruiting cycle if they had the time to interview his fellow players, coaches, teachers etc and figured out what type of person Ernest actually is.

I'm not saying that all these players are suspect, but there's always that possibility.

Is this a concern to anyone else or am I off my rocker?

You usually recruit a kid a while before you decide to officially offer. Much like Sedric King, we've been recruiting him since his junior season but we finally offered just a couple of weeks ago.

As far as Suttles goes, it's hard to judge a kids character sitting in his living room. Things change when he moves away from his parents, and has basically free range to do whatever he wants. Every program goes through it.

You usually recruit a kid a while before you decide to officially offer. Much like Sedric King, we've been recruiting him since his junior season but we finally offered just a couple of weeks ago.

As far as Suttles goes, it's hard to judge a kids character sitting in his living room. Things change when he moves away from his parents, and has basically free range to do whatever he wants. Every program goes through it.

In addition to Suttles, I remember people commenting on him about how polite he was in interviews. Saying "yes sir, no sir". You just never really know.

In addition to Suttles, I remember people commenting on him about how polite he was in interviews. Saying "yes sir, no sir". You just never really know.

Suttles had is offer pulled during his visit because of some things he did that team hosts didn't like. (I had not realized that until last summer). He met with the coach and explained them away. He was given a second chance and short lease. Tha'ts why he's not here.

• Fire 1